Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nice to have a place to read and post (virtually) uncensored

So I go to seadooforum.com (don't ask.. friends ski) and theres this guy asking for help about his holeshot power. I post a really polite(seriously) nice message and among other things tell him also check out the guys over at greenhulk.com for ideas and I get this nasty pm from some asshat "supermod" named sniper (very super)with hyperlinks all thru it (again...read...super) telling me to read MY tos, that hyperlinks are forbidden, then the post is deleted...(ahh the superness).
    Wow... what a pathetic way to run a board. It would be ok to not allow them but the mod has several in almost every post he makes.... pathetic

Just saying so anyone can appreciate how nice this forum is... And the advice is solid.
    Oh, and Jerry, if you read this, I got the nozzle, thanks bro..

+1

Wink

Thanks for the positive feedback about GreenHulk!

and, as for your situtation, I got kicked off that forum for helping a member. their excuse was "I was a threat to the seadooforum community" sO, they gave me a lifetime ban. Oh well, shame on me for helping someone.

Plus, GreenHulk is the World's Largest PWC Forum.

+1
    Sounds like we should get on the doo sight and put up a few posts! Love this [email protected]! Lee

+1
    I'm on a handful of forums - this one for the GPR, and a few for my car. Every single forum, other than this one, is full of jackoff internet wannabes and kids. Can't tell you how much I appreciate the maturity of this forum, which I attribute to the mods and admins who run it. Nice job, guys!

Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    I'm on a handful of forums - this one for the GPR, and a few for my car. Every single forum, other than this one, is full of jackoff internet wannabes and kids. Can't tell you how much I appreciate the maturity of this forum, which I attribute to the mods and admins who run it. Nice job, guys!

+1
    I participate in a couple of other watercraft boards. When I see a question that may be addressed better by folks on another board, I send a Private Message to the poster.

I'm a moderator on a jet boating board and don't feel comfortable promoting our site publicly here. I appreciate GH, and don't want to drive participants away.

+1
    Definetely the best site for skis.

+1

search

this forum as i've understood it, is an exchange of ideas and opinions, that as a member, you have a "right" to post any Q as long its not offensive to anyone or really misleading advice.if the same ''old" Qs keep popping up, then just ignore it and "SCROLL" down the page to something that interest you, there's thousands of threads. NOBODY SHOULD BE RIDICULED,only the moderator can step in if the thread is offbase . BTW i enjoy your post and advice , just let people speak there mind

+1
    Dave, I understand what you are saying. But there are more rules to this forum, or any forum, that just "free speech". For example, having the courtesy to use proper grammer and syntax (to the best of one's ability), rather than cell phone text-message lingo. Wouldn't you agree?

And another rule - and this has been my point all along - is to have the courtesy to do even a cursory search of the information already available on the forum. The vast majority of questions new guys ask have been answered a million times, in great detail, and is there for the taking. Being too damn lazy to access that library of knowledge, and instead start a thread for every single question you have is inconsiderate, for lack of a better word, to those who have been on this site for years. Chances are, it's some kid who signs up for a few dozen posts to get himself out of a jamb on his ski, and we'll never see him again.

I can't begin to tell you how many PM's I get from guys who've been on here for a long time saying they are fed up with this. What's going to happen is that the guys who are knowledgeable are going to ignore all the threads asking for help. Just hope it doesn't come to that.

Anyway, that's my two cents. I know it won't make a difference, but at least it's out there.

Quote Originally Posted by fullboogie View Post
    Dave, I understand what you are saying. But there are more rules to this forum, or any forum, that just "free speech". For example, having the courtesy to use proper grammer and syntax (to the best of one's ability), rather than cell phone text-message lingo. Wouldn't you agree?

And another rule - and this has been my point all along - is to have the courtesy to do even a cursory search of the information already available on the forum. The vast majority of questions new guys ask have been answered a million times, in great detail, and is there for the taking. Being too damn lazy to access that library of knowledge, and instead start a thread for every single question you have is inconsiderate, for lack of a better word, to those who have been on this site for years. Chances are, it's some kid who signs up for a few dozen posts to get himself out of a jamb on his ski, and we'll never see him again.

I can't begin to tell you how many PM's I get from guys who've been on here for a long time saying they are fed up with this. What's going to happen is that the guys who are knowledgeable are going to ignore all the threads asking for help. Just hope it doesn't come to that.

Anyway, that's my two cents. I know it won't make a difference, but at least it's out there.

well said! Sad but true!
    I can`t even begin to add to this, there simply just isn`t enough time or bandwidth.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information