Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A 2nd Seadoo

A 2nd Seadoo

So I have a 2007 RXP. Ton's of fun, plan on keeping it. I just recently purchased a new Yacht Club Double PWC trailer for two skis. I want to keep my RXP and purchase a 3 seater for my 2nd ski. I love water sports and so do many of my friends, so I was really thinking on going with the Seadoo Wake pro 215, maybe see if I can get a left over 2008 or 2009 for a bit cheaper. What's everyone's thoughts on the Seadoo Wakes???? I don't see much posted about the wake editions, was wondering if anyone has run them or really likes them? Think I would be better just getting an RXT-X? Any flaws or things that need swapping out on the Seadoo Wake?? (i.e. on the 2007 rxp had to change out the washers, etc.)
    Feedback is much appreciated, thanks!

From what I have read, the RXT, GTX and Wake 215 are pretty much the same ski with different cosmetics and options. The RXT and GTX retail for the same price, but the Wake Pro is a grand higher. It has the ballast system that fills with water to make a bigger wake. Not sure how well it works though. It also has the ski pole on the back. Both of those can be bought as options though to fit multiple ski platforms though. Probably would be easier to see what dealers have as left over stock and are looking to move.

Anyone else? Opinions on the Seadoo Wake as a second ski?

+1
    if your going new get an 08+ as they have an updated supercharger with better oiling. I would also stay away from the rxt-x as they have pump tunnel problems.

+1
    Well if you're serious about wake boarding don't expect too much. My neighbors have the Wake model and it seems very reliable, but personal watercraft are really not great for wakeboarding in my opinion. If you're serious about it you would be better off getting some kind of boat with a tower.

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Wake edition is wack! for wake boarding, me and my brothers wakeboard. There is nothing compared to being behind a heavy ski boat.

It will only be a waste of money, the wake edition does not have enough weight/wake as it might sound like it does.

Plus its not the same, wakeboarding from a boat you have higher point of tow. Making it easier for you to get out of the water and do rolls in the air and catch some major air,

I wakeboarded from a Seadoo ski, and its much much harder to get out of the water because the bar is not as high as a boat, and the bar in the ski will be pulling you straight forward, therefore it will be harder to get some air while you're jumping,

REFER TO MY LITTLE DRAWING, ITS JUST COMMON SENSE,
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	160424

I've actually never wakeboarded before.... so I don't know how disappointed I would be so it may be good for a newbie wakeboarder no?? I see the point of having a higher tow point, very nice drawing Good to know about staying away from the T-X... I'll definitely stay 2008 or newer, so I'm guessing it would be between a GTX & the WAKE 215...

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by PieManMighty View Post
    I've actually never wakeboarded before.... so I don't know how disappointed I would be so it may be good for a newbie wakeboarder no?? I see the point of having a higher tow point, very nice drawing Good to know about staying away from the T-X... I'll definitely stay 2008 or newer, so I'm guessing it would be between a GTX & the WAKE 215...
    i started learning on a jetski.
    its was hard, me and my brothers will get so pisssed off and mad, it will take us entire days just to get out the water, this had to be the most frustrating days of my summer.
    On the other hand if you already know how to wakeboard this can be not so challenging, In my opinion if you wanted to wakeboard really bad, buy a preowned boat, it will be your best bet,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    i started learning on a jetski.
    its was hard, me and my brothers will get so pisssed off and mad, it will take us entire days just to get out the water, this had to be the most frustrating days of my summer.
    On the other hand if you already know how to wakeboard this can be not so challenging, In my opinion if you wanted to wakeboard really bad, buy a preowned boat, it will be your best bet,
    +1...If you can get up behind a ski, then you can get up behind anything!

I would go with the RXT....I have the rxp and rxt combo and I love them both...they are totally different rides.

You can put a ski pole on either the rxt or gtx....I would say a rxp/rxt combo should have better resell also if you ever plan to get rid of them and upgrade

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information