Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Needs some help from the pros

So here are my plans for my 06 RXP. Let me know what you think.

-Figured first Id do 4inch intake, Free Flow exhaust, intake grate, pump wedge. Basically stage 1. Plus Metal washers are a must
    -Then I was thinking of going with the fizzle XS intercooler, (trying to get the most bang for the buck). Also does anyone know of a blow off valve that will work with the Fizzle?
    -I was looking on the store at the Monster Charger wheels. C1 to C3 say you can utilize the stock intercooler, but C4 and C5 they require an aftermarket or X model. Do you think the Fizzle XS would be sufficient for a C5? I was going to hold off, but figured since I will have the charger apart for the washers anyway...

Lastly Im am completely lost as to which pitch impeller to get. I dont want to be on the rev limiter and i obviously dont it to slow me down.

I should also mention that I dont want to touch the Ecu, injectors or fuel pressure regulator, so I basically want to build it as much as I can without touching them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TrianoRaceCo View Post
    So here are my plans for my 06 RXP. Let me know what you think.

-Figured first Id do 4inch intake, Free Flow exhaust, intake grate, pump wedge. Basically stage 1. Plus Metal washers are a must
    -Then I was thinking of going with the fizzle XS intercooler, (trying to get the most bang for the buck). Also does anyone know of a blow off valve that will work with the Fizzle?
    -I was looking on the store at the Monster Charger wheels. C1 to C3 say you can utilize the stock intercooler, but C4 and C5 they require an aftermarket or X model. Do you think the Fizzle XS would be sufficient for a C5? I was going to hold off, but figured since I will have the charger apart for the washers anyway...

Lastly Im am completely lost as to which pitch impeller to get. I dont want to be on the rev limiter and i obviously dont it to slow me down.

I should also mention that I dont want to touch the Ecu, injectors or fuel pressure regulator, so I basically want to build it as much as I can without touching them.

If U go with the rear air that will increase your RPM's and more than likely will cause U to bang off the rev limiter.If U decide to go with the Fizzle intercooler you will need to remove the stock intercooler and get a block off plate where the stock intercooler goes.In addition to that you may need to go with larger injectors/ and or a fuel pressure regulator depending on which wheel U go with.....If you want to maximize a good set-up to start with then why not just go with an RR wheel or a green wheel fitted with a 14/19 impellor. You wouldn't need an intercooler and you can have a great running boat with stock injectors.........
    The other way you can also go is with an X-charger, 42 lb injectors and a 15/20 prop.....I have this similar set-up and I'm runnung high 74's all day long.......The next step to that is an external intercooler( Fizzle) and a fuel pressure regulator.Th efuel pressure regulator is needed when you go with an external intercooler........This is just a couple of ways to go but if you would be more specific to the speeds and or perforformance you want to go with let us know and we will be glad to help....Welcome to the forum!

Ok guess I should have been more specific. the Intake im looking at is the 4 inch from fizzle, so its still a front mount, Dont want to go rear intake, cause of possible water ingestion.

The Fizzle Intercooler comes with a block off and everything needed. I was planning on just doing the intercooler as a precaution, and if i wanted to upgrade more in the future.

I guess basically what im asking is what charger upgrade should I do for the most speed per dollar. And that I can do with the stock injectors and without a fuel pressure regulator. The monster wheels as well as the rr say that they dont require any further upgrades, but not sure if its true.

I have mostly everything figured out except charger/intercooler set up. And the impeller I guess will be determined after all the rest is decided. I want like mid 70s for speed, and I want reliability.

I appreciate the help, pretty new to the whole forced induction stuff.

+1
    You can't add the external intercooler and a supercharger upgrade without putting in 42 lb injectors. You can do either one and possibly leave the stock injectors, but not both. Adding 42s is super easy and not expensive, so I would add the IC, 42s, SC upgrade and Solas 15/20 4 blade. That should get you to 75 mph easily and with some fine tuning many have gone 76 - 77 mph with that setup. Very good bang for buck and reliable.

SC upgrades ... the X charger is great but requires more fuel than 42s allow, so if you want to keep it simple, just add a drop in SC wheel like the Riva Gen2 or Green wheel. The combination of IC, 42s, drop-in SC wheel and 15/20 Solas is a proven combination and IMO should be done together as a package ... it works great.

+1
    Vern I'm running a stock intercooler,42s,Kana rear air, 15/20 and an X-charger without a fuel pressure regulator.I'm running 74 plus, but I dont ride if it's cooler than 65 Degrees.I guess there are many differnet ways to run, but I agree with your assesment as well.

That sounds like the way to go then. Which wheel do you think is the best? I hate to sound too much like a newb here, but what is the green wheel, heard a lot of talk about it but dont see anything in the store. And are the gen II and the green wheel better than the monster wheel set ups?

Also what about a strainer kit for the intercooler, says its recommended

I really appreciate all this guys

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by enforcer View Post
    Vern I'm running a stock intercooler,42s,Kana rear air, 15/20 and an X-charger without a fuel pressure regulator.I'm running 74 plus, but I dont ride if it's cooler than 65 Degrees.I guess there are many differnet ways to run, but I agree with your assesment as well.
    I see your only running 7900 rpm,so you have some speed hidden in your prop.
    I guess you start bending after the intercooler upgrade,because you will gain at least 100 rpm with the xs intercooler.
    Do monitor your afr,otherwise you have no clue what pressure you should put on your rrfpr.
    I think you know all this,but i thought some advice hurts nobody.
    I agree on how cooler it gets the leaner you run,i guess that's the reason you don't ride in cooler wheather,but with the rrfpr you can run in any weather,simply tune in your afr.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by richrxp View Post
    I see your only running 7900 rpm,so you have some speed hidden in your prop.
    I guess you start bending after the intercooler upgrade,because you will gain at least 100 rpm with the xs intercooler.
    Do monitor your afr,otherwise you have no clue what pressure you should put on your rrfpr.
    I think you know all this,but i thought some advice hurts nobody.
    I agree on how cooler it gets the leaner you run,i guess that's the reason you don't ride in cooler wheather,but with the rrfpr you can run in any weather,simply tune in your afr.

That's right, and you told it correct.I'm installing the intercooler as well as the RRFPR and I'll start the base pressure @ 55 P.S.I. to start.....I know many here have stated to set it at 60 P.S.I. but I will start slightly lower because of the high heat and humidity......I'll also be monitoring my AFR....Hopefully the R.P.M.'s will be there right on the money, but if not I'll start using the skat nozzle and rings to adjust accordingly.I'm thinking at this point I'll be knockin on the rev limiter in the cooler weather but we'll see once I have everything on.

+1
    Not many of us have run the R&D monster wheels, so less is known about them. The easiest thing to do is grab the Riva Gen2 SC wheel in the GH store, then add the other parts. Tweak the impeller to get your rpms to 8100, do a little grinding/sanding/smoothing on the intake grate and ride plate and you should be running 75 - 77 mph.

I went a little different route on my ski ... added the IC, grate, 15/20 prop, good air intake, etc, but still stock SC. Once I added REs to stop porpoising, I went 75.5 mph at 7900 rpm. I tweaked my prop to get 8100 and got 76 mph. Then I added 42s and a drop in SC wheel and hit 77 mph after I again tweaked my impeller to get rpms to 8100.

There is often 1 - 2 mph in impeller tweaking and another mph in grate/plate sanding/cleanup. Sometimes people will complain that 77 mph with the above setup is not possible, but it is always due to either minor boost leaks, SC slipping, bottom not properly cleaned up, or impeller not true or rpms too low. Get everything right and 77 mph is attainable with that setup. There is always speed in the little details ...

Read this thread for more ideas too: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...&highlight=mph

What are your opinions on the strainer kit, and a blow off valve.
    Necessary?, worth putting in?
    Im not sure if there is a BOV that just bolts up to the Fizzle XS as the riva does.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information