Boost gauge on an RXT

Hi everyone, I have done many of the usual mods on my 05 RXT but next I would like to monitor the boost since I just upgraded the clutch to metal. I pull a tube sometimes, so the mirror option is out. Next best place I can see is to replace the little windshield with a handmade fiberglass pod that curves with that spot. I'll get a crome ringed gauge so it matches the stock gauge cluster just below it. Paint the boost gauge pod deglossed black maybe. Anyway, first how do you remove the little plastic windshield? Does the inner structure of the hood need to come out to remove the windshield? I just hate to mess with the hood strut if I dont have to. Thanks.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    u can leave the hood gas shock intact... there's i think 8 screws and bolts holding the black understructure to the painted shell... remove all those little screws and the 2 big bolts, and then slide the painted shell UP and it'll unclip from the structure and come off... the visor is held on from underneath just by tabs which could break easily if u jsut try to pry it off.

OR.... get a real good suction cup and yank the guages out (or gently pry the gauges out with a screwdriver wrapped in a towel) ... that also will give u access to the visor.

+1
    Welcome to the forum

I have a 05 RXT and I run the dynotune square boost gauge it is small about 1.5" x 2.5" I have mine velcroed (sp) to the glove box next to the GPS I did not have to drill any holes it is a great little gauge that is easy to read

also where are you from?

Thanks for the info. Anything that saves having to struggle with that gas strut. I've read it can be a bear to re-hook up.

I've thought about the dynotune and still might go that route if this don't work out. I just would like to try something a little different.

I live in Independence, a little South East Kansas town. I'm the only one here with a Pwc like this. People just watch and ask alot of questions. I refer them to this site. I love this place. My ski has changed a lot since finding this forum. I've lurked long enough.

Thanks again.
    Brent

Thread Information