Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Question What tools to take when you are testing or go skiing for the day?

I always find my self taking more tools than I ever use when I go out to ride. I going to put together a small as possible tool box just for when I go skiing. If you have any input , drop a post. Looking for the "must haves" when you leave the house.
    I had all of my tools stolen the other day . So I'm tring to put a little something together. Any suggestions of buying "one tool VS another" or "this is better than that" would be a great help. Again, this is for when you leave the house or shop to test or ride for the day.
    Thanks for any help....or some of your secrets

+1
    I am definitely still a noob to the sport so i dont know what is going to break or is prone to breaking yet. But, I imagine what is going to break or come loose and pack tools accordingly.

I bought a small craftsman toolbox from sears. It is only 10x2 at most. It is plastic. They have three sizes of these (I cant find a link). But all three are less than $10 each. The smallest fits in the rear storage area of my GP. I put flat and phillips drivers in; A 3/8 socket wrench with about 10 different size sockets (whatever fits the ski); Zip ties. Carb screw turning tools (dental picks); Hose Clamps of various sizes; hoses of various lengths; Mini WD-40 can. Some allen sockets as well.

I then pack the bigger of three boxes with bigger tools that i may or may not need for the tow vehicle and the ski and keep it in my tow vehicle.

+1
    I would attempt to make a good list but more then likely I would get carried away and you would end up as I do with a truck full of chit. I will try to get Rich (WFO) to post up on this one. He would be the perfect person to make this list out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDome View Post
    I would attempt to make a good list but more then likely I would get carried away and you would end up as I do with a truck full of chit. I will try to get Rich (WFO) to post up on this one. He would be the perfect person to make this list out.
    IF you could put down one or two things that most people dont think of.
    Like AKjose said "hose calmps & Zip ties", these are a must have. An old school buddy of mine that work on carbs said he always had a can of air (the ones for PC's). Just little stuff like that. Thanks for any input.

Moderated
    a socket set and pliers are two things i always carry

Quote Originally Posted by TheDome View Post
    Dome,

I agree Rich is a good person to ask what should be the basics to bring on every ride. However, I am not sure everyone can afford to bring everything that Rich brings with him. I keep telling him he just needs to buy and enclosed trailer to carry his skis and everything else he carries with him. Just kidding Rich.

On a serious note, it is nice to have someone that has all the items that Rich has just in case something does happen during the ride. Rich could probably build an entire ski if someone had an empty hull.

+1
    I always have lots of tools in my trucks tool box. I have a crescent tools mechanic set. For a cheap set of tools its def. has proved itself multiple times. Also I carry other hand tools, hose clamps, extra nuts an bolts for my ski and some high pressure hose. When I go out on the water I have a philips head screw driver, flat head screw driver, ratchet and a 12mm, 13mm, & 14mm sockets.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YamahaToys View Post
    Dome,

I agree Rich is a good person to ask what should be the basics to bring on every ride. However, I am not sure everyone can afford to bring everything that Rich brings with him. I keep telling him he just needs to buy and enclosed trailer to carry his skis and everything else he carries with him. Just kidding Rich.

On a serious note, it is nice to have someone that has all the items that Rich has just in case something does happen during the ride. Rich could probably build an entire ski if someone had an empty hull.
    No doubt he could build a ski right out of his truck! Funny thing is you could take your pic of what motor Yami/Rotax/briggs & stratton/chevy/ford or any other combination you desire. The boy has it all at WFO Performance and can do it all. If you can dream it Rich can make it happen PERIOD!

+1
    WFO (Richard) is like the snap on truck

+1
    Billy that looks like a light day, I don't see the motor lift, compressor, and other 12 rubber made crates full of parts.. That's my boy though!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information