RXT iS Warranty Rep

A warranty rep is going to look at my iS for repair authorization.

Anyone have experience with this?

Ken

What's wrong with it?

It has leaked water since new and I'm talking about a lot of water. When I removed the upperdeck and the intake system there was water in the the last intake piece that connects to the SC and the ski has never been turned over. The SC impeller was corroded. I brought it in to show the dealer this. There are other parts of the motor that are corroded. With the upper deck on and the intake installed there is no way to wash salt water off the motor or the hull. With the ribs in the hull and the shock system even if you hold the front of it all the way in the air while it sits on the rear all the water will not drain out.

The last I picked time it from from the dealer it went straight to a test ride and it lost boost and started chattering on the second run. When I pulled it out after 20 minutes on the water because I had to idle in. It had at least 2 gallons of water in the hull.

Later, Ken

Hi Ken,

if a warranty rep is gonna look at it i would hope it's because they want to get to the bottom of it and resolve your issue and of'course verify that you are not at fault.

Have not seen this issue but with all fearness I do not have alot of iS's in my market yet. Good luck and keep us posted.

Glen.

When I took everything off and could see the carbon seal the splash boot was twisted and touching the accordian boot. I took everything loose and straightened it but it still leaked.

Also when I pulled the pump to change the wear ring the pump had water in it because when it was installed new the Orings were not in the groves and pushed back with kinks in them. I also took the pump to the dealer and showed them this. They greased the pump and gave me additional grease and new Orings to reinstall it.

Ken

Thread Information