+1

Question GTX intercooler stock from RXP

Anybody ever tried to install a stock intercooler from an RXP into a GTX-SC is this possible? has anybody done it? I am looking into an inexpensive upgrade for a friend.

04 GTX-SC Riva wedge and grate installed so far.

Don't beat on me too hard for being a Yami guy!!

Thanks,
    OsideBill

yes you can put an intercooler on the GTX. It will not go into the intake of the GTX you could put an aftermarket inter cooler on it but it is not recommended because the GTX hase cast pistons, The RXP,RXT and the GTX Lim. have forged pistons. Some have done this just not recommended.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    osidebill... it would take a little cutting, modding, and removal of the flame arrestor inside the stock GTX SC manifold to get the stock RXP intercooler to fit... it's not plug and play... but if ur able to cut the manifold and get the flame arrestor out then yea the intercooler will go in, but DO NOT expect big gains if any... the stock intercooler sucks to begin with, and alot of the additional power of the RXP does not solely come from the intercooler... more of the power comes from the ECU, higher rev limit, and different supercharger overdrive gears for most boost.

Ditto what shibby said. You`d always could order the RXP/RXT intake manifold and install the stock IC at half the price of the aftermarket IC`s, but you will not gain alot from more bang for the buck theory...

UFO: yes the non IC models have cast pistons. There are many of us who have alot of hours on these engines with aftermarket IC`s and more.

Myself in particular have not changed out to the RXP/RXT SC overdrive gear set, just to keep the boost pressure and rise rate at a safe level.
    So far I`m 7.5-8.0 psi boost and things are ok!...PR...

hey

I put my stock intercooler from my 04 rxp into my 03 gtxsc all I did was switch out the intake manifolds. It has been on for 60 hrs now and no issues.It does almost 69(68.5-68.9)with stage I. The only issue was the prop pitch. The next mod is the stock ecu from my rxp into the gtx. That will be next years upgrade. Pete

+1
    Thanks to all some great advice and a little more knowledge about these Skis. I will keep you posted on which way he decides to go.

Regards,
    OsideBill

Thread Information