Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

So Who Has A Big Bore 4tec ??

What do you think of it?

I would love to hear any info you would give out?

Another site had a guy that claimed 70+ with no charger.

So please chime in!

Quote Originally Posted by 1 FAST VE View Post
    What do you think of it?

I would love to hear any info you would give out?

Another site had a guy that claimed 70+ with no charger.

So please chime in!
    the money your going spent, your better off going with a big charger

+1
    It would have a big charger no matter what. I need pistons anyway and have thought about doing a BB as it would not be that big of a deal as far down as the motor is.

Or I have thought about an FZR ?? It would not be any question if the FZR was a 2 seater with that engine. So I have to decide because I really want to ride this year!

My thought is an RXP with a Motec and all the bolt ons or FZR with Motec and all the bolt ons. I already have the RXP with most of the parts so it would be lots cheaper to do the RXP but I think the FZR may be a little more dependable in the long run but what I would save doing the RXP would be quite a bit.

think frank have some 106 mm big bore 4tec

saw a 4tec 1800cc block

Last week I saw James Bushells motor aparted and he claimed it was a 1800 cc motor , looked to me like a stock block, bored no idea to what size with JE-pistons in it, carillo rods etc. So it looks like to me that in GP class they run at least 1800cc with turbo chargers. Will ask him for details and let You know if I will get any info- You know "secrets" hehehe

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpdz View Post
    Last week I saw James Bushells motor aparted and he claimed it was a 1800 cc motor , looked to me like a stock block, bored no idea to what size with JE-pistons in it, carillo rods etc. So it looks like to me that in GP class they run at least 1800cc with turbo chargers. Will ask him for details and let You know if I will get any info- You know "secrets" hehehe
    Cool would love to hear about it!

Banned User
    it would be interesting to see what size piston you could get to work, and what size the bore could go to safely...with the ability to bore a couple more times just in case..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 FAST VE View Post
    Cool would love to hear about it!

An fzr is a two seater "technically" speaking. If you ride one you will see they handle like they are much smaller than they are. This being said it depends on how much you are going to spend after you buy it in my opinion. My X was still faster then my fzr with only a couple grand in parts. Now after the motec and all the other upgrades the fzr is untouchable compared to everything else i have ridden. I still have no plans to get rid of my p-x though. Back on topic there is a big bore rxp down here in kissimmee. I think his name is eddie.

ROTAX RACING performance
    +1
    i have a high compression 1660 BB, strong setup, just tested on low boost 1.1 bar, i pull a 3 blade SKAT TRAK 15|21 easy to 9000

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpdz View Post
    Its not normall in GP class to be running that big every1 in uk including James was running stock size engines last year. Also more people are still running SC than Turbo, James was only 1 with turbo here for most of last season. R88

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information