Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

my afr #'s and questions

this is gonna be long winded but im trying to include as much detail as i can.

08 px. nemo tb mod, rear exhaust, rad4 torque plate, 81mm ring, 4" fizzle intake,r&d grate,riva wedge. everything else is pretty much stock

64outside, humidity 48% 30.16psi, water 55, dew point 44 top speed was 76.7mph. not my best yet but close

afr
    1-2k rpm = 12.8
    2k-4k =13ish
    4k-6k =14.2ish
    6k-7k =13.9
    7k-8180 =13.6

max boost i saw was 10.9psi @8180

i think its safe to say those are no good afr#'s and im just kinda looking for some imput on where to go next. i know its kinda cold outside but im not sure i wanna put it away just because its cold and hope some heat in the summer will make my afr's correct. my first thought is a rude rrfpr http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=992. seems to come w/ everything i would need. ive done a quite a bit of reading and come up w/ most people are starting off w/ a base psi of 58-60 w/ the lanyard in not running and tuning for afrs somewhere in the low 11's at WOT, letting the afr's at idle be what they are. sound correct?

ive also been reading the walbro gss342 is a pretty much a replacement pump but there are different plug in's or something like that. still not really sure if i even really need that at this point. also i havent seen a how to for the px yet(which i use as the bible for most of my mods hahaha). anyways any imput from those with more tuning knowledge then i(mostly everyone) is greatly appreciated!!

mike

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    this is gonna be long winded but im trying to include as much detail as i can.

08 px. nemo tb mod, rear exhaust, rad4 torque plate, 81mm ring, 4" fizzle intake,r&d grate,riva wedge. everything else is pretty much stock

64outside, humidity 48% 30.16psi, water 55, dew point 44 top speed was 76.7mph. not my best yet but close

afr
    1-2k rpm = 12.8 Tiny bit to low..try to get these up around 13-13.5
    2k-4k =13ish Not to bad....
    4k-6k =14.2ish Little high,Shoot for around 13-13.5s
    6k-7k =13.9 Your starting to get into boost here so your gonna want to see your numbers around 11.5-12
    7k-8180 =13.6 To high.Your gonna wanne see between 11.5 to 12 at his RPM..

max boost i saw was 10.9psi @8180

i think its safe to say those are no good afr#'s and im just kinda looking for some imput on where to go next. i know its kinda cold outside but im not sure i wanna put it away just because its cold and hope some heat in the summer will make my afr's correct. my first thought is a rude rrfpr http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=992. seems to come w/ everything i would need. ive done a quite a bit of reading and come up w/ most people are starting off w/ a base psi of 58-60 w/ the lanyard in not running and tuning for afrs somewhere in the low 11's at WOT, letting the afr's at idle be what they are. sound correct?

ive also been reading the walbro gss342 is a pretty much a replacement pump but there are different plug in's or something like that. still not really sure if i even really need that at this point. also i havent seen a how to for the px yet(which i use as the bible for most of my mods hahaha). anyways any imput from those with more tuning knowledge then i(mostly everyone) is greatly appreciated!!

mike

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    the ski looks to be a little lean all round...depending on how far you plan on going ..you may not need a rrfpr...but a couple more pounds of fuel pressure..will ritchen it up overall...the x skis run a higher voltage but same pressure...i think its 58.... a regulator...at 60 should bring it all back in line ..the skis ecu sences the intake temp and adds the fuel it needs to compensate for temp ...

ok snow man iit has been a while for me ...but the higher the # the leaner it is correct????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    ok snow man iit has been a while for me ...but the higher the # the leaner it is correct????
    Correct..Higher numbers are lean, Lower numbers are rich..

+1
    Scott, you said 10.9 was too rich, but what he was saying is that's how much boost his charger was putting out, not his AFR.

so more gas is lean and less gas is rich?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stevorxp007 View Post
    so more gas is lean and less gas is rich?
    no, the opposite is true.

ok so if it shows lets say 10.5, do u need more gas or less?

Banned User
    +1
    yea the 10.9 was boost psi. but your right if it was 10.9afr that would be rich and you would need a little less gas

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    ritch or low number ..means it has to much gas....

lean or high number means ...it is getting to much air....

get as much air as you can get and adjust fuel to keep the ratio correct

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information