Question what does my friend need to do to wake his 2000 suv 1200 up ?

My friend has a 2000 suv 1200. its a beautiful ski but the thing is a dog.
    When I was riding it it just took way to long to plae out (I AM BIG GUY THOUGH ) But still it should take as long as it does.
    it also sounds like when your getting going that its just cavitating.
    I told him I would post on here to see what suggestions every one has.

the trim is out on his ski and so is the reverese (needs new cables) if any one has a used set shoot me a pm.

well any advice would be appreciated.

U could start by filling the pump shoe and proper pitch prop ,maybe a 11/18 to get thet big hull out the water

+1
    I have a little experience with this ski. Like stated above Pump plug kit helps with the cavitation. Also need to make sure the wear ring is in good shape too. A repitched 13/19 solas pitched down to 11/17.5 worked best for me. You will also need an R&D intake grate. Fix the trim as it is crucial also.

Now you need to get a little more bottom end out of that motor, You will need to bring the compression up to 145 and get some F/A's to allow the engine to breath a little better.

This will help you get on plane better, do not expect to get this thing fast with that motor 50-55mph max depending on how well you set it up. It is a cruiser, I use mine for towing tubes and wake boards.

32 Valves To Love! Racecar_Dave's Avatar
    +1
    WFO can build you a nitrous kit

Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    I have a little experience with this ski. Like stated above Pump plug kit helps with the cavitation. Also need to make sure the wear ring is in good shape too. A repitched 13/19 solas pitched down to 11/17.5 worked best for me. You will also need an R&D intake grate. Fix the trim as it is crucial also.

Now you need to get a little more bottom end out of that motor, You will need to bring the compression up to 145 and get some F/A's to allow the engine to breath a little better.

This will help you get on plane better, do not expect to get this thing fast with that motor 50-55mph max depending on how well you set it up. It is a cruiser, I use mine for towing tubes and wake boards.
    solas kai skat-trak advices a 12/18 prop after some experience in mod engine 13/19 works better

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by iptos View Post
    solas kai skat-trak advices a 12/18 prop after some experience in mod engine 13/19 works better
    I will be frank here, The solas 12/18 does not work and cavitates bad total POS!!!.
    A Solas 13/19 pitched to 12/18 is a far superior prop, I know I have tried them all.
    This was recommended by Dave at Impros, I tried it and it worked great. I got my best speed out of it, at 55mph.
    I went down to a 11/17.5 for pulling wakeboards, which gave me the bottom end needed to get them up. again this was the larger root angle 13/19 repitched.
    Stay away from a true Solas 12/18 they just don't work.
    I ran a skat swirl which gave me great bottom end as well, but it really suffered on top end compared to the solas picthed the same way.
    My $.02

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    The best advice you could ge tis to listen to Bill. The guy really knows his Chit!!

Thread Information