Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 224

Thread: ECU Diagram?

  1. #1
    hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,328
    +1
    12

    ECU Diagram?

    Shot in the dark here, but does anyone know where I could get a copy of a schematic of our stock ECUs? I need to see if I can locate a specific componet inside of it. Specifically the internal clock. And not the kind of clock that you're probably thining of. It's only job is to keep time based on the signal sent to it from the crank position sensor. I need to see what it looks like and where it is. Hopefully it's in any area that is easily accessed.


  2. #2
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,132
    +1
    205
    this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sho esu.JPG 
Views:	556 
Size:	247.1 KB 
ID:	160671  

  3. #3
    hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,328
    +1
    12
    That is the main wiring diagram of all the electrical componets. I'm looking for something that shows the inside of the actual ECU. I doubt I'll be able to find it though.

    Anyone have their stock ECU laying around? Is it even possible to open it up to take a gander or is it completely sealed?

  4. #4
    RUSH.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    868
    +1
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    Shot in the dark here, but does anyone know where I could get a copy of a schematic of our stock ECUs? I need to see if I can locate a specific componet inside of it. Specifically the internal clock. And not the kind of clock that you're probably thining of. It's only job is to keep time based on the signal sent to it from the crank position sensor. I need to see what it looks like and where it is. Hopefully it's in any area that is easily accessed.

    I can get it for you when I get back to the shop Wednesday if you don't already have it by then.

  5. #5
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by mazy View Post
    this?
    Cool...looks simple enough

  6. #6
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH. View Post
    I can get it for you when I get back to the shop Wednesday if you don't already have it by then.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern Florida
    Posts
    5,589
    +1
    345
    What a way to think outside the box hitman.

  8. #8
    hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,328
    +1
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH. View Post
    I can get it for you when I get back to the shop Wednesday if you don't already have it by then.
    That would be awesome. I need to give some info to a company that designs piggyback fuel and ignition controllers to see if they can come up with something for me to raise the rev limiter on the SHO motor.

    Going to see if we can play Albert Einstein and slow down time a little bit. lol

  9. #9
    CT Marsh Dredging Crew STItaxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Madison, CT
    Posts
    975
    So is the goal to replace the oscillator responsible for setting the clock with one that pulses faster to trick the ECU into thinking that the engine is rotating slower in relation?

    Interesting idea, but I wonder if something like the injector pulse duration will also be changed?

  10. #10
    hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,328
    +1
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by STItaxi View Post
    So is the goal to replace the oscillator responsible for setting the clock with one that pulses faster to trick the ECU into thinking that the engine is rotating slower in relation?

    Interesting idea, but I wonder if something like the injector pulse duration will also be changed?
    That's pretty close. I don't think I'll be replacing the oscillator though as I think that probably would affect injector pulse. I'm working with UniChip and they have told me they can give me something to solder onto the clock that will allow me to slow time (not pulse) in 2.5% increments, thus fooling the clock into thinking more time has passed between pulses than what really has. The guy I've been working with assures me that this will only effect the rev limit and nothing else since I'm messing with the time the clock sees, and not the pulse that the ECU bases all other calculations off of.

    He said if I can locate the clock inside the ECU, and it is accessible (not burried between layers of boards/circuitry) then he can help me. If not, then he can't.

    Does that make any sense? I'm no expert. I'm just doing my best to regurgitate the info that was given to me. It's possible I may have misunderstood.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2013 rxp 260 ecu pin locations diagram? please help!
    By moo_r32 in forum Sea Doo ECU Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-20-2016, 07:01 PM
  2. Fzr wiring diagrams needed for reverse engineering the ecu
    By Stocker in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-22-2016, 09:56 PM
  3. Wiring diagrams for reverse engineering the FZR ecu
    By Stocker in forum Yamaha ECU Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2016, 09:26 PM
  4. STX 15F ECU connector photos or diagram
    By Sea Dood in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2010, 05:18 PM
  5. Is anyone going to try the new ECU??? I may, My options
    By Jrsrxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-05-2005, 09:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •