Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: ECU Diagram?

+1

ECU Diagram?

Shot in the dark here, but does anyone know where I could get a copy of a schematic of our stock ECUs? I need to see if I can locate a specific componet inside of it. Specifically the internal clock. And not the kind of clock that you're probably thining of. It's only job is to keep time based on the signal sent to it from the crank position sensor. I need to see what it looks like and where it is. Hopefully it's in any area that is easily accessed.

+1
    this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sho esu.JPG 
Views:	556 
Size:	247.1 KB 
ID:	160671  

+1
    That is the main wiring diagram of all the electrical componets. I'm looking for something that shows the inside of the actual ECU. I doubt I'll be able to find it though.

Anyone have their stock ECU laying around? Is it even possible to open it up to take a gander or is it completely sealed?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    Shot in the dark here, but does anyone know where I could get a copy of a schematic of our stock ECUs? I need to see if I can locate a specific componet inside of it. Specifically the internal clock. And not the kind of clock that you're probably thining of. It's only job is to keep time based on the signal sent to it from the crank position sensor. I need to see what it looks like and where it is. Hopefully it's in any area that is easily accessed.

I can get it for you when I get back to the shop Wednesday if you don't already have it by then.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mazy View Post
    this?
    Cool...looks simple enough

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH. View Post
    I can get it for you when I get back to the shop Wednesday if you don't already have it by then.

+1
    What a way to think outside the box hitman.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH. View Post
    That would be awesome. I need to give some info to a company that designs piggyback fuel and ignition controllers to see if they can come up with something for me to raise the rev limiter on the SHO motor.

Going to see if we can play Albert Einstein and slow down time a little bit. lol

So is the goal to replace the oscillator responsible for setting the clock with one that pulses faster to trick the ECU into thinking that the engine is rotating slower in relation?

Interesting idea, but I wonder if something like the injector pulse duration will also be changed?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by STItaxi View Post
    So is the goal to replace the oscillator responsible for setting the clock with one that pulses faster to trick the ECU into thinking that the engine is rotating slower in relation?

Interesting idea, but I wonder if something like the injector pulse duration will also be changed?
    That's pretty close. I don't think I'll be replacing the oscillator though as I think that probably would affect injector pulse. I'm working with UniChip and they have told me they can give me something to solder onto the clock that will allow me to slow time (not pulse) in 2.5% increments, thus fooling the clock into thinking more time has passed between pulses than what really has. The guy I've been working with assures me that this will only effect the rev limit and nothing else since I'm messing with the time the clock sees, and not the pulse that the ECU bases all other calculations off of.

He said if I can locate the clock inside the ECU, and it is accessible (not burried between layers of boards/circuitry) then he can help me. If not, then he can't.

Does that make any sense? I'm no expert. I'm just doing my best to regurgitate the info that was given to me. It's possible I may have misunderstood.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information