Oil Line Bleeding?

How should you go about bleeding the oil lines when replacing the filter and lines? 1994 SLT 750
    Thanks

I used a suringe that the oil line fitted onto purfectally. Got it from the local drug store for a couple of dollars (no needle obviously) it was a 15ml if I remember. Put the new oil line onto it and draw up some oil while its still on the suringe put the end onto the oil pump while slightly depressing the plunger so that a bit of oil is coming out as it goes on. Once on pull the suringe back and see if a air bubble comes into the tube if so while pulling it back remove the tube and repeat till the air is gone. If its a new pump or there is to much air in there you will have to bleed it.
    Remove the suringe and with another small peice of tube push some oil into the fitting on the carb maybe 5mls to be sure then push the new line onto the carb.
    There should now be no air bubbles what so ever.

I'D RATHER SWEAT THAN SHIVER hyoctane23's Avatar
    +1
    There is a small screw on the oil pump that will allow the air to bleed out. Open it a little bit and let the air bleed out until oil seeps out of the threads.

Part #7 on the pump.

+1
    welcome to the forum pitt79

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hyoctane23 View Post
    There is a small screw on the oil pump that will allow the air to bleed out. Open it a little bit and let the air bleed out until oil seeps out of the threads.

Part #7 on the pump.

Welcome to the Hulk

After purging the air out of the line to the pump with the bleed screw, I used a drill to turn the pump gear counter clockwise to pump the oil from the pump through the lines while they were disconnected from the check valve fittings at the intake/carbs. If you don't care to go through that, be sure to run pre-mix at 50/1 and take it easy till you know the lines are clear of air, and supplying oil to the engine.

Thanks guys. This is my first go-around on a pwc. I have boated for 30+ years but these take a little more attention.

I did the triple fuel pump mod and that went well. Are the K&N filters worth the $65 or is the stock intake setup OK?

Thread Information