Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What turbo kit is suitable?

Looking to turbo my 2007 rxp, which has the mods in my signature below.
    It already has a riva valvetrain upgrade, so should be good for 20psi+.
    Just wondering which is the best turbo kit?
    Stickems, Hydrojunkies or mach1?
    Im thinking about running a gt32r, so i can have the potential of running 400hp+ if im keen to.
    All help appreciated.

+1
    You have a long way to go and learn

Talk to Jason (hydrojunckie)

To change my ski to turbo i will need a upgraded intercooler, reflashed turbo ecu, bigger impeller, solid front engine mount and complete turbo kit with blow off and wastegate, thru hull exhaust, bigger injectors, rude rrfr.
    Do i need anymore engine modifications, or parts to run turbo?

I have sent Hydrojunkie a pm, thanks mike

+1
    talk to [email protected] awesome guy to deal with and IMO has most experience in turbos

+1
    I would think really hard about this, its not going to be cheap, and things can go very wrong very fast with turbos and running that much boost.

You are prob better off buying a complete kit. Malvins TurboTec kit is prob the best made and most idealy suited to the rec rider as it is all water jacketed although it is the most expensive.

Any of the after market ecus will work good but they are all going to need extra fuel so bigger injectors and some way of controling the fuel, so fuel regulators or a fuel controler but these are hard to programme.

Les Cooke doesnt do the turbo re-maps any more as it is extremly hard to get the mapping good when there are so many veriables with turbo setups. 1 forum member is having good success with the RIVA ECU on a turbo setup. Im not sure what injectors he has and what else he is doing to control his fuel.

I think the gt32 will be laggy, you will still be able to get 400hp out of a gt2876r. But getting to 400hp safely is going to need stand alone ecu like MoTec in my opinion. There is alot more to making power than just bolting on boost.

I dont mean to sound negative but you need to understand what you are undertaking, Adding a turbo is easy to bolt on but getting it to run good and be reliable is the hard part. You will have to pay very close attention to all details and not skip on anything.

You stock jet pump is going to be struggling to control all that power, there is a 400 hp Les Cooke turbo boat over here it has a 162mm SKAT pump with pig prop and a anti cavitation cone and it still cavitates.

So long as you stay under 8600 the riva valve train will be fine and the rest of the engine doesnt need any changes so long as everything is in order like you compression and leakdown rate. The 4tec is extremly strong from the factory. R88

Very nice writeup r88ory, and i think your spot on with everything youve said.
    I have thought about the tuning, and the amount of time and money that it would take to get my ski running smoothly with the turbo, which is why im trying to buy a complete set-up off an existing ski, that was running fine on the ski that it was on before.
    It seems like an easier option, and from what im looking at in the classifieds, seems to be alot cheaper then buying brand new.
    thanks for your help

+1
    Something else to look into is instead of an ecu, use the begi/ rrfpr combo, keep stock rpm but really up the power...

also, once you get into the 18-20 psi range there are few here who have blown there plastic intake manifolds.. so that could be an issue

and there are many who state its only a matter of time the stock head gasket will go.

just other things to consider.

If your looking for something to read, do a search on greenhulk (jerry) when he first put a turbo in his ski, with the riva ecu, 50lb injectors, and rrfpr he had it dialed in very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by RXP300HP View Post
    talk to [email protected] awesome guy to deal with and IMO has most experience in turbos

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kems View Post
    Very nice writeup r88ory, and i think your spot on with everything youve said.
    I have thought about the tuning, and the amount of time and money that it would take to get my ski running smoothly with the turbo, which is why im trying to buy a complete set-up off an existing ski, that was running fine on the ski that it was on before.
    It seems like an easier option, and from what im looking at in the classifieds, seems to be alot cheaper then buying brand new.
    thanks for your help
    Yeh things will work out cheaper second hand that is for sure. As said above you could go with the duel reg setup and stick with stock ECU.

I would def buy a kit that is complete unless you have an ambition to create it all yourself. Hope you have fun with this and it dont end up costing too much. R88

rrfpr begi combo

Quote Originally Posted by kems View Post
    Looking to turbo my 2007 rxp, which has the mods in my signature below.
    It already has a riva valvetrain upgrade, so should be good for 20psi+.
    Just wondering which is the best turbo kit?
    Stickems, Hydrojunkies or mach1?
    Im thinking about running a gt32r, so i can have the potential of running 400hp+ if im keen to.
    All help appreciated.
    Hi,

today I tested Rude RFPR with Begi and Terminator Series Fuel rail on my RXT hull with turbo. But on middle range was very tragic, I think Walbro + Begi 1:1 + RUDE 1:1 = too much fuel. On Top END was good after when we were tried many setup on Rude and Begi. But all other was badass. So I think up to 21 psi No need BEGI You need walbro + RUDE RFPR .But If somebody can how need setup BEGI please tell

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information