Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ultra Pump bearing failure solution.

Just to give you all a heads up, I have been dealing with Dave (Impros) for about a month on this bearing issue. We spoke about the 2010 shaft/bearing setup and it’s just two of the same bearing in front, with the shaft shoulder being machined down to accept the extra bearing.
    Dave can modify either shaft 07-2010 with a thread and nut. Dave is waiting for a call back from Kawasaki to let him know availability and price of the 2010 shaft. There’s no doubt that Kawasaki is doing this to reduce problems caused by bearing failure, but I can still see where it would benefit a 2010 pump to have a threaded shaft as well, for insurance so Dave is also going to offer that service too. I know it can sometimes be hard to get a hold of Dave at the shop ( he is a busy man). If you send him an e-mail its pretty easy for him to get back to you or just leave a message on his phone. I will try to get a list of the services with some ball park prices from him ASAP and post them.
    This was a last minute edit, Sorry Ksalles for not giving you the props you deserve.
    Sorry guys, this was not meant in any way to not give credit where credit is due, ksalles (coonass engineering) from the 250Xtech site is definetley the man when it came to providing us with the mod and all the info he gathered through his hard work and determination.
    I had sent off my pump and impeller to Impros for new bearings and impeller tune. After thinking about the mod, I called and impros and spoke to Dave about the mod to see if he could do it for since he already had my pump/impeeler. Thats all! sorry if my thread offended Ksalles. definetly he is the pump savior, again I'm sorry for not giving credit in the begining of the thread.
    Last edited by jmatak9; 11-25-2009 at 12:42 PM. Reason: did not give credit where credit was due for mod

+1
    You mean my mod I did months ago?

Here is the link with dates. lol http://www.250xtech.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=588
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	threadedshaft.jpg 
Views:	564 
Size:	153.9 KB 
ID:	160898  

+1
    This was originally done by Mr Coonass (AKA Keith Salles) back in July of 09. This is nothing new for the kawi 250 world. Im just giving credit where credit is due.

You can follow the original thread about this and how it started. Maybe Impros got the info from there to start with or someone supplied the info to them?

http://www.250xtech.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=588
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scott.JPG 
Views:	193 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	160899   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shaftassembled.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	160900   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shaftassembled1.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	160901   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	threadedshaft.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	153.9 KB 
ID:	160902  

+1
    Thanks for the props Scott. I put alot of time, developement and thought into this mod for Ultra owners...the least they could do is give credit where its due.

Pump bearing

Sorry guys, this was not meant in any way to not give credit where credit is due, ksalles (coonass engineering) from the 250Xtech site is definetley the man when it came to providing us with the mod and all the info he gathered through his hard work and determination.
    I had sent off my pump and impeller to Impros for new bearings and impeller tune. After thinking about the mod, I called and impros and spoke to Dave about the mod to see if he could do it for since he already had my pump/impeeler. Thats all! sorry if my thread offended Ksalles. definetly he is the pump savior, again I'm sorry for not giving credit in the begining of the thread.

+1
    No problem...I just missed a call from Dave @ Impros. I'm at work and will be calling him as soon as I get an opportunity.

Jmatak9, thanks for the Impros plug. We really appreciate the feedback.

KSalles, thanks also for your understanding of Dave’s loss. His mother passed away last Tuesday and it came as a big shock to him and his family. He has tried to contact you regarding this matter nevertheless. Hopefully after the holiday weekend you can get some free time to call him back. I’m sure you can reach an understanding then.

I can tell you that this isn’t the first time a customer approached Impros with a request to perform this particular mod or any other similar mod for that matter. Impros might be best known for its impeller, pump, repair and sales, but it is a machine shop as well. I guess the part I don’t understand is here you are claiming to have an attorney looking into this, but on 250xtech you posted this:

Now, as far as the "Coonass Engineering"..its all a joke. I would hope all of you guys know this. I was called a coonass and just thought it was something funny. I AM NOT DOING THESE SHAFTS TO SELL. Thats why I posted ALL the details and EXACTLY what I've done in effort to alleviate this problem. Do I want people to send me there shafts, NO. Why, because I can't guarantee anything. I'm not big company with an R&D team that puts countless hours on products nor do I want to charge people all the $ for something simple as they do. I posted this with specific intent to help. I DID NOT, NOR DO NOT, WANT THIS TO TURN INTO AN BASHING POST BY ANY MEANS”.”

http://www.250xtech.com/viewtopic.ph...t=588&start=80

I think it’s safe to say it’s a little confusing as to what your concerns are. If you are upset that Impros is offering this service, then all I can say is, Impros is a pump & impeller repair shop. Mods are what they do and they have been doing it for 22 years. No where in the description does Impros take claim of being the inventor of the mod. Whenever there are enough requests for a service such as this, Dave feels it prudent to offer the service on the website and advertising. This not only helps get the information out there, much like you were doing with your message board posts, it helps reduce the amount of phone calls he and Shannon at the front desk have to take on the matter.

Again when you get some free time, give Dave a ring. He’s a straight up good guy and doesn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.

Regards,

G

+1
    To be quite honest, recognition to myself and the ultra250xtech.com would be sufficient. Coonass Engineering was a joke...the guys from the "other board" gave me that name. I put in alot of time, thought, etc into this mod in effort for guys not to run into the same problems I had. A friend is lawyer who is good friends with a patent lawyer. Would I ever take it that far....no. Do I feel I should get some recognition for coming up with it....sure. That sounds fair to me. I'm not a name in the watercraft industry by ANY means or stretch of the imagination..but it would be pretty cool to see him performing the mod and at least posting credit where its due on his site or something. (The spelling is "Keith Salles") lol The guys over at the other board were a big help in developement, and I believe myself and the board deserves to be mentioned...that all.

Tell Dave no hard feelings...just show a brotha some love.

Thanks Keith,

+1
    Dave at Impros has done all I asked him to do. He is a VERY stand up guy in my book. There are no, problems, hard feelings, etc regarding this mod and him offering it at his shop now. No question in my mind that this mod IS WORTH DOING. Kawasaki reassures my thoughts and reasoning as a result of their new design with the dual front bearings (a band-aid on a hatchet wound type fix). In MY OPINION, the rear bearing in the pump does nothing but stabilize the shaft. Running two bearings up front basically shows how the front bearings need to be able support more of the thrust load as a result of previous problems with the collapsing of them, thus allowing the shaft to move forward. In the event the front bearing collapses (which has happened NUMEROUS times) the shaft mod will not allow the shaft to thrust forward, hammer the crank and beat the thrust washers/bearings out of the bottom end. When this happens, as mine did, you WILL hurt your motor in a VERY SHORT period of time and cost ALOT of money. Often it happens with little warning. I would suggest this mod to anybody with these watercraft. For under $100 to have piece of mind that you're more than likely not going to destroy your motor as I did, is well worth it. I was ready to sell my ski and lose alot of $ which I really couldn't afford to do...now after designing the shaft mod and installing it into my Ultra, I'm looking forward to warm weather and tearing up the water again next summer.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information