Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hydrodrag insight

For those interested in a little insight to the HydroDrag effort from WaterTop, please see the overview at.
    http://www.watertopevents.com/Events...ydroDrags.html

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving
    WaterTop

+1
    Tim,

Thanks for taking your time and giving us a lot of insight on the Hydrodrags. Also, thanks for your thoughts and ideas. I maybe reading between the lines, but it sounds like you may not be done, yet with the Hydrodrags.

Jim

+1
    Thanks for taking your time to type that and explain everything. I like the proposed classes also. It would be nice if this could continue. What are your thoughts on charging $5 a head for spectators also? Is that a possibility? You had mentioned about getting the local communities support . I wonder how many people there are in the local community's that are sitting at home that would glady pay $5 to watch something like this. That is if there are enough entries to put on a decent show. Some of those people may come back next time with their own boat. Thats why the box stock class is so important but it takes time. Like you said , Its in the early stages and needs to grow. I hope that happens. I know that the economy is not helping. There is obviously a ton of preperation that goes into this type of event behind the scenes that most dont realise. I honestly think that if you can get enough support and the event goes on that it will more than make up for your losses before long, its just that the timing sucks. Please let us know if you need any help. Thanks.

+1
    Firebird raceway is a hell of a nice venue...Too bad its accross the country from you.

+1
    Tim thanks for explaining your side to all the members.. I hope this type of event can and will continue..

+1
    WOW!!! Thanks for breaking that down into more detail Tim!! Way more complicated then I even thought.

Truley hope to see you somehow go forward with this and make it happen. Whatever I can do to help just let me know.

+1
    Thanks for the behind the scenes view Tim and thank you for what you guys at WaterTop have done so far.

I think everyone thats ever posted a comment on the Hydrodrags needs to read that letter 2 or 3 times. We need to do our part to make sure this event continues to grow and exsist. As long as its within a 24 hour drive Ill have a ski in the event reguardless of what clas its place in!

+1
    Wow Tim!! Thank you so very much for taking the time to write that up. I decided to enter the last race and have to say I was hooked!! I still had faith in the event because I went out and was looking at what I could do to be a little more competitive, I also bought a helmet, and other items so I dont have to borrow them next time to continue to compete. I am very anxious to race again! I agree about the classes, less is more and really like the classes you listed out. I hope it all gets worked out and we all make the effort to help you make this event grow.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    Wow Tim!! Thank you so very much for taking the time to write that up. I decided to enter the last race and have to say I was hooked!! I still had faith in the event because I went out and was looking at what I could do to be a little more competitive, I also bought a helmet, and other items so I dont have to borrow them next time to continue to compete. I am very anxious to race again! I agree about the classes, less is more and really like the classes you listed out. I hope it all gets worked out and we all make the effort to help you make this event grow.
    I can't agree more. I had a blast at my first race, as a spectator, and supporter of my friends that raced, and was even thinking that I might want to participate if it continues. And I hope it does. It's all about having fun.

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1
    Tim i first off would like to say thank you again for all the hard work you have done.I know and saw how much hard work you put into it because i was there and witnessed it.

Again i built a ski just for drag racing. It took me 8 months to build it from scratch and things didn't go well in the end because the person i need most was in lake havasua and was extremely busy with his race team.

I really hope in the end all this can be sifted through and worked out, because i truely found my passion in life. Drag racing jetski's. It would be a sin to have put together a monster and not get to use it.

If there is anything i can do to help please ask. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information