Stripped Battery Screw/DIY PPK

Yesterday I went under my ski to take out the pump shoe so I could finally put in the PPK, come to find out the previous owner of the ski did his own with silicone . Now I've got a brand new PPK on my hands that I can't even use. And the pump shoe seems to be sealed to the hull already because there is dry 5200 (4200?) that looks like oozed out when he pressed the shoe up against the hull. Is there a way to take out that silicone? Someone on the forum told me silicone eventually blows out and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Another issue I encountered yesterday was, I was trying to take off my battery box to see if the previous owner did the pump tunnel reinforcement (since he apparently did the PPK and never informed me of )... but one of the battery screws is corroded and stripped. It looked like someone tried to take it off before and stripped the screw but left it like that, now I'VE got to deal with it. Do you guys have any advice as to take off stripped bolts? I was going to spray 6-56 to help with the rust but then I became scared as to it being the battery.

Since I couldn't take off the battery box, I looked into the crevice on the left side of the ski to see if I could get a glimpse of the tunnel and instead saw something else... What looked like a FF exhaust . The previous owner had given me all the original parts for the ski when I bought it, and these came with them but I didn't think much about it then. Are these part of the sound suppression?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1126091009-00.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	161031

+1
    The piece to the R is the upper sound suppression hose. The bottom one is an intake hose I THINK.

ok the piece is in fact part of the sound suppression as I seen photos in a thread... but does anyone have suggestions as to removing a corroded battery screw?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GPRinPR View Post
    Yesterday I went under my ski to take out the pump shoe so I could finally put in the PPK, come to find out the previous owner of the ski did his own with silicone . Now I've got a brand new PPK on my hands that I can't even use. And the pump shoe seems to be sealed to the hull already because there is dry 5200 (4200?) that looks like oozed out when he pressed the shoe up against the hull. Is there a way to take out that silicone? Someone on the forum told me silicone eventually blows out and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

If you see white stuff already there, then most likely you will damage the shoe by removing it. And if its white, then its not silicone, and is probably 5200 or 4200 (or some substitute). IMO leave it unless you are having some cavitation problems.

Another issue I encountered yesterday was, I was trying to take off my battery box to see if the previous owner did the pump tunnel reinforcement (since he apparently did the PPK and never informed me of )... but one of the battery screws is corroded and stripped. It looked like someone tried to take it off before and stripped the screw but left it like that, now I'VE got to deal with it. Do you guys have any advice as to take off stripped bolts? I was going to spray 6-56 to help with the rust but then I became scared as to it being the battery.

So you cant remove it because the head is stripped, or you can get a wrench on it and it wont turn?

Since I couldn't take off the battery box, I looked into the crevice on the left side of the ski to see if I could get a glimpse of the tunnel and instead saw something else... What looked like a FF exhaust . The previous owner had given me all the original parts for the ski when I bought it, and these came with them but I didn't think much about it then. Are these part of the sound suppression?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1126091009-00.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	161031
    Yes the top left is the stock exhaust sound suppression box and water outlet elbow hose, the right side is the upper stock hose... and I cant quite make out what the left lower is because the pic is not good enough, but pretty sure it aint from your ski

I guess I'll leave it, I haven't had problems with cavitation so It'll stay as it for now.

What I mean by stripped is I can't get the tool on it to turn it, it only gets worse each time I try. Hopefully there's some way to tackle this and not damage the battery?

Looks like I'm going to have to find where that hose came from then

Thread Information