Thread: Modified class

Modified class

Fellow racers i see a problem occuring here in our island,it seems that we are going to loose the modified class,most new riders to the sport are entering on crafts that cannot be used in the class,the modified class is a great starting point for riders to learn how to ride pwc,i can only hope that the race teams and the new CIWA will promote and keep this class alive..

Team N2L #112 *Monster 15FKawi*'s Avatar
    Mark, I Totally Agree!!

From what I'm seeing there are very few amount of Modified Class riders left, other than myself.

The Problem is a lot of the kid's parents are going out buying there children the fast bike from the start, not allowing them to gradually get into the more powerful crafts. Personally I don't think that's the best way.

Just look what happen to Wes-Tec Nat's this year,Modified Class had to be canceled. If things don't turn around soon, i have a feeling the racing scene in Cayman will sadly come to a halt.

One of my Suggestions is to promote not only circuit races, but also Time Trial type races as well as Drag Races, such as Bull Run & the one while back in Duck Pond. Fun events like these, will help bring out some these riders or just the average speed junkie.

Like you said hopefully the new CIWA will be able to do something bout this, as well aid with other problems.

" Win Or Lose A Race, Remember That At The End Of The Day, That We Race Because We Love It & We All Make What Becomes of It. "

Duppy no who fi frighten, Make Dem Try Good2Go16's Avatar
    Well I am sure that CIWA will do something about it, You guys should familiarize yourself with IJSBA rule book a lil as CIWA is using there rules to classify were bikes should ride.

I am hearing that the launch of CIWA is early January but I am waiting to get word from the Members on the board before I post up any date of the launch, would be nice to see you all there to register an become a member of CIWA, Its a great opportunity for all riders an even there friends.

Come out an support all the guys that put there hard work together to form CIWA for us riders of the Cayman Islands.

Quote Originally Posted by *Monster 15FKawi* View Post
    Mark, I Totally Agree!!

From what I'm seeing there are very few amount of Modified Class riders left, other than myself.

The Problem is a lot of the kid's parents are going out buying there children the fast bike from the start, not allowing them to gradually get into the more powerful crafts. Personally I don't think that's the best way.

Just look what happen to Wes-Tec Nat's this year,Modified Class had to be canceled. If things don't turn around soon, i have a feeling the racing scene in Cayman will sadly come to a halt.

One of my Suggestions is to promote not only circuit races, but also Time Trial type races as well as Drag Races, such as Bull Run & the one while back in Duck Pond. Fun events like these, will help bring out some these riders or just the average speed junkie.

Like you said hopefully the new CIWA will be able to do something bout this, as well aid with other problems.

" Win Or Lose A Race, Remember That At The End Of The Day, That We Race Because We Love It & We All Make What Becomes of It. "

I totally agree with u Michael, but i can also understand why parents buy the fast bikes from the start. With economical times being so hard and everything, it would be a lot cheaper to just buy the big bike 1st rather then buying a smaller bike then buying a big one.

Thread Information