Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New RXT X 260 and the ECU

In the new edition of PWI Magazine, they tested / rode the new RXT X 260 and speculated that there may be a "USA" ECU version and an "international" ECU version of this boat. the international ECU version allowing the boat to go 70+ mph. Does anybody have any more info on this?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post
    In the new edition of PWI Magazine, they tested / rode the new RXT X 260 and speculated that there may be a "USA" ECU version and an "international" ECU version of this boat. the international ECU version allowing the boat to go 70+ mph. Does anybody have any more info on this?
    This could well be the case there is a old sort of gentalmans agreement btween the pwc industy and the coastguard that they will not produce PWC that will go over 70mph in stock form. In the rest of the world there is no such agreement, for this reason the RXPX RS and TX RS were only availible out of the states as they were just over the 70 mark out of the factory. I dont believe they have done this with any of the IS boats so far and they are running similar setups with GPS speedos ect ect. R88

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by john belton View Post

I think the GPS installed boats, i.e. iS versions may have the 70 gps limit. I don't think the plain 2010 RXT-X 260 will have a speed limit.

Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    I think the GPS installed boats, i.e. iS versions may have the 70 gps limit. I don't think the plain 2010 RXT-X 260 will have a speed limit.
    All RXT-X 260's in the US will have the gps limiter. Hence the reason Riva is releasing a ECU for all new Sea-Doo's with the limiter. One ECU is for race and the other is for performance. The performance one just unlocks the GPS. I am not sure about the race one...

+1
    They had a RXT-X 260 at the Hydrodrags. It was speed limited to 69mph. If you hit 69mph it would slow up a few mph.

in europe we have the RS version, the rxt 260 also comes like a RS in europe

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kawidooguy780 View Post
    All RXT-X 260's in the US will have the gps limiter. Hence the reason Riva is releasing a ECU for all new Sea-Doo's with the limiter. One ECU is for race and the other is for performance. The performance one just unlocks the GPS. I am not sure about the race one...
    BUMMER!

Well, I'll just be happy to get a ski that is not prone to crack the pump tunnel!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    BUMMER!

Well, I'll just be happy to get a ski that is not prone to crack the pump tunnel!!!!

I'm calling on you being happy with a stock ski!!!

+1
    I've been reading about this so called "ECU" that will bypass the GPS for a quite some time now. Does this thing really exist? If so how do I get one?

Quote Originally Posted by driveumhard View Post
    I've been reading about this so called "ECU" that will bypass the GPS for a quite some time now. Does this thing really exist? If so how do I get one?

Available in April ?

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=110945

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information