Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Exhaust pipe problem?

Well today was ok riding and I did a friend's smallish bouey course a few times then did a speed test. After that I was riding by the state park and as I came back under the bridge after I got past the no wake zone I gave it some gas and I couldnt go over 6000rpms and the first thing that came to my mind was that my clutch had went. Well I stopped and popped the seat and water was almost up to the supercharger. So I drove back slowly, trailered it, and let the water out Then put it bac in on the trailer started it up to see where the water was coming and its coming from the exhaust pipe(i think thats what it is) and it looks like it is cracked. Here is a pic of it. In the red circle is where its leaking.

looks to me like a bad weld. Take her into the dealer and get a new one (if your still under warranty)

Looks like an '05 black supercharger, BRP should cover that warranty or not.JMO

+1
    I don't know if this info will help, but my rxp is an 05 and it has very close to 90hours on it.

It should be covered under warranty, to avoid down time ask your dealer to get it welded locally.

+1
    ok. Well my friend Andy came by after he closed his ski shop for the day. We took my ski to the lake and he ran it on the trailer to see if any thing else was leaking besides the exhaust pipe and he didnt find any thing. He told me to bring the ski over to his shop tomorrow or when ever I can so he can weld it.

I can also have that fixed for you. It's good to know people sometimes.

+1
    yea it is good to know people. Andy has always done me right . I'm tryin to get his ski shop A&R Performance to maybe sponsor me next year since I'm gettin all my parts through him and he is even helpin me put it on.

+1
    Well my dad's friend Will didnt wanna weld it being afraid if it didnt hold up and we had to take it to the dealer that they wouldnt cover it under the warrenty because we tried to fix it ourselves so they just put some opoxy(sp?) glue on it and when i took it out today it was holding up fine, but I still can't get over 7,000rpms . And I think something is leaking now because I found like 3 inches of water in the hull that i know wasnt in there from thrusday. So I took it out check oil, prop(found a lil stick and took that out), intake grate, and then put it on the trailer in the water to see if I could see where it is leaking but couldn't find anything . I guess I'm out of a jetski for the rest of the weekend and probably next weekend too. My dad told me he would take the ski up to the dealer (PeeBee Sports in Orange). I hope they can fix it and the ski doesnt sit there for the rest of the season. When I looked in the ski while it was running on the trailer I looked back by the supercharger and all the tubes back there, but didnt see ne water leaking is there anywhere else water could leak from? and also is there any other causes to why I can't get higher that 7000rpms??

Oh yea just remembered somethin. Out of the hole it lagged alot and hit bout 8150-8200rpms till it got on plane which took longer than it normally does and also I know it isn't running right cuz my friend's stock stand up basically beat me lol.

epoxy on a exhaust pipe, HAHA Dumb azzed dealers

Today at my local dealer I had to show the guy how to change my timing on my 98xpl using the programmer, nice guy, but just not trained right , IMO.

Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information