Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Why are the UK guys giving me such a Hard Time

Im getting alot of stick from a UK PWC forum for owning a Polaris

They have stated repeatly that they break down alot etc

One of the guys have stated the main problem is that many UK dealers didnt understand Polaris ski's because there complex

Now something I have argued is that some people are dropping thousands on buying there ski's and they make 70mph and my 780 aint far of that from off the shelf and it cost under a grand

i think its a wicked ski

thanks
    Neil

+1
    Neil.

Enjoy what you ride. There are tons of good Polaris folk on here to keep your ski running healthy for many years. The older Polaris were made to be playful, and not run big numbers. Yours is probably only a mid-50's ski.

Ride more, worry less.

...and if the razzing gets too bad, ask to compare mastercard bills at the end of every month.

Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    Sometimes it is not about who is fastest, or who can jump highest, or who can run the longest, or who IS the longest! If you enjoy your ride and it works for you, then who's to tell you it isn't good enough. Too many people think they need the fastest ride to have fun, when in reality, unless you are racing or are trying to compensate for a lack of 'something else', being the biggest dog in the park isn't necessary to have a good time.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    There are ALOT of Polaris haters out there. And a few Polaris lovers.

Most guys on this site have more than 1 polaris in the stable. If they were complex and always breaking down, we wouldn't have multiples.

Some of the newest Polaris (4 strokers) were having a few issues, but nothing real bad.

The 2 strokers are so simple to work on, it's no problem to keep them running. They (and most other brands) will break down if they're not cared for. As we've mentioned before, keep the fuel system clean and fresh, and you'll have many years of reliable service.

We've got guys that claim they have over 200 hrs on there ski. That's not too bad.

The SLT 780 you have is a good reliable ski, that will ride and handle well. Not the fastest, but plenty fast enough to put a smile on your face. And hurt you when you wipe out.

You know what else will make you smile? When you get to tow in one of those guys that was poking fun at you. I've towed in a few Sea Doos where I ride.

+1
    exlint89! lol too funny..seadoos I like that there small n nimble. I just like the way they fit. handles great, always starts, takes right off. they run good but you do have to care of them too. They look cool too! those huge yamas look like thier 13 feet long! like a boat.for 14000.00 i could buy a killer boat here in Michigan! remember the geeky looking yamaha wave runners from long ago? lol ugly as sin. and the tiny xp's?
    The polaris's look the best for sure. Enjoy your toy! You have a complete pit crew at your disposal and parts depot! Can they say that? I doubt it.

Look at my avatar, You'll be hard pressed to find a better looking ski than that ( No, it's not in perfect condition! lol )! All in race trim and clean looking!. It's sweet! When I first saw it, I was speechless! I just stared at it. And said,, WoW! Like seeing a Babe in the grocery store!

That 780 in your ski is a excellent engine.!!! Have Pride in your USA made ride!

Wel i luv my ski, I luv the USA i've always been different from the crowd. I cant wait to tow one of the other boys in i will fall about laughing lol

I think this video says it all about me and my ski

+1
    Look. No MC numbers or Annual permit! lol

+1
    Where's your vest????????

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    At least Cliff wears the lanyard.

+1
    AND... A saftey helmut!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information