Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Whats next? Want to go faster.

07 RXP with all the mods in my sig. I will be doing OPAS block offs and rear exit exhaust this winter. I'm looking for a proven combo that will not require the use of a wideband to tune (if possible). I want to get in the upper 70's close to 80mph range. I'm not looking for the cheap way out I just want good proven parts.

Banned User
    +1
    if money isnt your main concern, get the wideband. at the VERY least it'll give you piece of mind. not to mention i bet there are very few on here in the high 70's who dont have some sort of monitor on their afr

+1
    get an external intercooler and some 42lb injectors. that'll bump your speed up a bit too.

+1
    Install either the Fizzle or Riva intercooler.
    Riva S3 supercharger upgrade with 42's or better yet a new X charger along with a RRFPR and 42 lb injectors.

Good luck with your build up!

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    +1 intercooler...and if that doesnt bring your rpm up to 8100- 8150 depitch the prop ...prop pitch is like gear ratio in your drag car...to tall of gear you cant turn it to reach max power

racecarbuilders.com

Banned User
    I agree with The Hulk, put a X charger on it with 42's and RRFPR and a XS IC, should get ya 80 to 82. This setup in my 07 RXT did 77.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyRXT View Post
    I agree with The Hulk, put a X charger on it with 42's and RRFPR and a XS IC, should get ya 80 to 82. This setup in my 07 RXT did 77.
    dont know if a stock x charger on a stock ecu w 42 and rrfpr is going to give you 80s thats only 10 10.8 psi...but a nice set up ...still working the bugs out on mine.. add the ecu and valve train and 50s probably low 80s.. that should be 13 psi .....as the speeds climb every mph get harder to get..as you start to reach 80 it gets tough...that is why you see so few skis running 80 + and lots 75

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    dont know if a stock x charger on a stock ecu w 42 and rrfpr is going to give you 80s thats only 10 10.8 psi...

High 70s..BUT low to mid 80s?No way..

but a nice set up ...still working the bugs out on mine.. add the ecu and valve train and 50s probably low 80s.. that should be 13 psi .....as the speeds climb every mph get harder to get..as you start to reach 80 it gets tough...that is why you see so few skis running 80 + and lots 75

+1....

Not looking to run over 80 just 78ish. I mean 80 would be nice just to say it but I'm just looking for high 70's Basically I want to pick up about 5mph.

i ran a s3 charger a fizzle type intercooler..and 42 on the stock ecu for a couple years..the difference in acceleration from the drop in wheel and the s3 charger was omg...the acceleration is what you really see and feel ..and the top end was 76 ish...that was a common set up for a few years then it became the x boat.. no rrfpr needed

the x charger has a slightly larger diamiter wheel....than the 215 charger..gives you slightly more boost less than a pound..than the s3 charger..but the larger wheel gives you a little more volume as well ...volume = acceleration ...that is why any upgraded charger is always much bettter than just a wheel....you can also find xchargers used..for mid 400...and you have the option to upgrade them to a mini rude later...w the s3 charger the only upgrade is to buy a whole new charger a rude 2 or rude 3

a stock x charger is fine w just 42# injectors as long as you dont add the intercooler...the stock intercooler holds the boost down to about the same as the s3 ..and keeps it safe again 76 ish

..as soon as you add the intercooler..if you want to run the stock ecu..8200 rpm you will need more fuel than the stock ecu can deliver....so you will need to add the rrfpr..or a rude controler if you can find one....or possibly the r&d power shot ...give you about 1 to 1.5 mph ..77 ish stock ecu.....

another alternitive is go to an aftermarket ecu 8600 rpm and 50 # injectors and the valve train must be upgraded to run the extra rpm ...there are a few boats running low 80s on a stock x charger ..or a s3 charger and aftermarket ecu. s3 will be slightly slower..

again the advantage to the x charger is the ability to upgrade it to a mini rude ..or the riva upgrade for it that is like the s3 housing and wheel on a 215 charger later..but again at that point you will once again need more fuel..either a rrfpr or some use a rude controler just the aftermaket ecu wont do it..a mini rude and aftermarket ecu at that point you should be mid 80s at least i thinke people are running high 80 with that set up ..but mid 80 s no prob

keep in mind there are other things to consider than just power ride plates are good..speed and the prop will allways be a involve when you make power..may just be a repitch or an new one to keep the rpm right as you start to modify you really need to run a af guage ...it is money that wont make you faster...directly but will save your motor

how much money do you have..how fast do you want to go ...once you start to reach high 70s low 80s the cost per mph goes way up ...going from 68 to 75 is realtivly cheap ...75 to 85 you will spend more than the cost of a used boatbut it is one of the last places you can go out and go as fast as you want and not affect your drivers licence and insurance

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information