Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44
  1. #1
    RUSH.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    868
    +1
    17

    Yamaha Impeller Technical Bulletin

    Here you go , at the request of tommy jordan. Yamaha prop tech bulletin and update.
    Attached Files Attached Files


  2. #2
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH. View Post
    Here you go , at the request of tommy jordan. Yamaha prop tech bulletin and update.
    So new prop and what looks like a crush-ring. Interesting!

  3. #3
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,134
    +1
    205
    so is this a recall or something? or just new info for dealers?

  4. #4
    RUSH.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    868
    +1
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by mazy View Post
    so is this a recall or something? or just new info for dealers?

    not a recall just a tech update, similar but not the same. a recall is something that must be replaced immediately, this just states that the new parts need to be used "when" making a repair or changing the impeller for any reason. It basically allows the impeller to be tightened to a much higher torque. It also restates the importance of not reving the engine over 4k out of the water.

  5. #5
    christian gpr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Sweden West Coast
    Posts
    206
    Jerry, are you offering this new spacer in your online store anytime soon?

  6. #6
    Bounty Hunter Carlos Thomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    San Leandro, CA
    Posts
    1,401
    +1
    22
    After changing the prop a few times, I believe the prop does not need to be on there any tighter.

  7. #7
    Hydrotherapy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    3,347
    +1
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    After changing the prop a few times, I believe the prop does not need to be on there any tighter.
    good to hear...

    I'm not comfortable about going over 151 lbs on that thread..

  8. #8
    mjh3ides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jupiter, Florida
    Posts
    6,805
    +1
    2,023
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH. View Post
    Here you go , at the request of tommy jordan. Yamaha prop tech bulletin and update.
    Thanks for the info dude. I spoke to Riva today & was told that they only had a few of the new spacers & Rip got the last one. He checked & couldn't find an eta on when more would be available. He told me not to try & torque my aftermarket props to 243ft/lbs once I get it, but hopefully the hardened material will prevent the props from walking up the shaft & taking out the seals. He said Rip's ski is going to be test boat to see if the new spacer helps, so time will tell if this fixes the issue with our seals going bad.

  9. #9
    Hydrotherapy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    3,347
    +1
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Thanks for the info dude. I spoke to Riva today & was told that they only had a few of the new spacers & Rip got the last one. He checked & couldn't find an eta on when more would be available. He told me not to try & torque my aftermarket props to 243ft/lbs once I get it, but hopefully the hardened material will prevent the props from walking up the shaft & taking out the seals. He said Rip's ski is going to be test boat to see if the new spacer helps, so time will tell if this fixes the issue with our seals going bad.
    243 lbs seems a real lot to me considering we were going 75 lbs on the gpr and the book said just over 50 if memory serves me correct..even the stock 150 ish on the sho seemed a lot but i know its not apples with apples.......

    are you doing the aftermarket skat/solas to the 150 mark

  10. #10
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by christian gpr View Post
    Jerry, are you offering this new spacer in your online store anytime soon?

    Yes, they are here in the store
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1302

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2014 Yamaha Impeller Pitch Information and SVHO Service Guide
    By Green Hulk in forum Yamaha How To & FAQs
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-12-2016, 08:18 PM
  2. Make Yamaha impeller removal 50% easier
    By Green Hulk in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-11-2015, 05:30 AM
  3. Other Yamaha Bulletins
    By WAVEATER in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2008, 07:47 PM
  4. Yamaha stock impeller
    By Brewster in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2007, 07:30 PM
  5. Yamaha stock impeller
    By Brewster in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2007, 07:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •