Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Hydrodrags... lets make this work!

Guys, if you love this hobby of ours like i know you do please take the time to read this letter addressed to you from Tim McKercher

http://www.watertopevents.com/Events...ydroDrags.html

For those that don't know Tim, he's the man behind the Hydrodrags. This man has deep passion and knowledge for this hobby/sport we enjoy and he wants to make this work. He cannot do it alone. We need participation! I KNOW you guys build fast skis. Lets see what you got. This can be a fun event for both participants and spectators alike.

Those that have attended Mudbug know we have the largest gathering of performance enthusiasts in the country that drive here to have fun every June. This is the PERFECT venue. The enthusiasts are here. The fastest skis in the country all come here. Lets support this event and help it grow. To see this sport die out is just shameful.

We have the perfect location here in Morgan City along the levy. Boat launch, peninsula to spectate from and plenty of parking. The attached image shows the location. This is the same location as the drag boat races we hold here annually with great success. I already have the support of the St. Mary Chamber of Commerce. They want to see events such as this come to our area. Tim, call me when you can so I can put you in touch with Carrie Gautreaux with the Chamber.

Lets show show our support for this hobby and lets participate. Please feel free to post your thoughts and share ideas on how we can all make this work.

Thanks for taking your time in reading this. I hope we can all pull together to make this work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Russo's landing.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	161200  

+1
    That looks pretty sweet. Do you, by chance, have TWO ramps that are seperated? One at the put-in, and one at the take-out?

This was quite a nice feature at the races we were just at. It really is a time saver, and cuts down on traffic.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    That looks pretty sweet. Do you, by chance, have TWO ramps that are seperated? One at the put-in, and one at the take-out?

This was quite a nice feature at the races we were just at. It really is a time saver, and cuts down on traffic.
    Unfortunately no. There is just one big ramp.

This photo is of Russo's landing. Those that have been to Mudbug pass this launch up on the way to Doirons landing. It's on the left hand side. Lake Palourde is the body of water on the right.

Banned User
    +1
    Whats good is people that are not racing, but want to ride, can pull up their skis at the lake, beach tem, then walk across the road

sound great

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Whats good is people that are not racing, but want to ride, can pull up their skis at the lake, beach tem, then walk across the road
    Exactly!

For those not familiar with the area the big lake on the side of the camp ground is the mudbug riding area. You can anchor your skis off the beach at Lake End Park and it's just a short hike around to Russo's Landing where the proposed Hydrodrags will be.

+1
    Plenty enough time
    Plenty enough spectators
    Perfectly located in the US
    Great site location

now all we need is people/racers, prove your serious and reg. early

+1
    I'll bring my stock conversion to whoop up on somebody! LOL
    Heck yea! Lets do it!

Can the mudbug fund be utilized for anything? Or do we funnel everything to Watertop?

[email protected]

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Exactly!

For those not familiar with the area the big lake on the side of the camp ground is the mudbug riding area. You can anchor your skis off the beach at Lake End Park and it's just a short hike around to Russo's Landing where the proposed Hydrodrags will be.

Just be careful walking through the campground I here there are canucks there.

+1
    I'm not a racer, but I'd like to watch, and am willing to pay a small "gate fee" if it would help out (esp. if the Cult Girls show up...).

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information