Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thanks and question or 3

Many thanks to this wonderful board. Been lurking on here and soaking up great info for the last month after picking up a non-running '94 SL 750. After rebuilding the carbs, installing primer pump, installing triple pump and replacing fuel lines I smoked the garage prettttty good this week! woohoo, it's alive! Attached is the mosquito fogger in action... for about 15 seconds

I can see on the engine that it looks like the mag jug has been swapped in the past. Question #1, what are the purpose of the number "1" or "2" on the top of the cylinder heads? PTO has "1", center has "2" and mag has "1".

Question #2. I ran it "on hose" for a couple minutes yesterday, is that enough time to get a piston wash reading if I pull the heads? Should I go ahead and pull 'em since I don't know the crafts history?

Now to find a "deal" on a trailer here in the NE Texas area so I can test it in the nearby lake
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	161252  

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk..

I believe the numbers on the heads are what mold it was cast in.

Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    If you happen to get lucky and have a set of 1, 2, and 3, you could use the numbers to remember your cylinder numbers. Of course we just call them Mag, Cen, and PTO.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk gregsauls.

Not sure what the numbers on the heads are either, but it's not uncommon to have 1 and 2 intermixed. They're not 1,2,3 MAG, CEN, PTO. Prob like Beer said, cast numbers.

If you run on the hose, make sure to do it in the proper order:

Start engine
    Turn on the water

Turn off the water
    Stop the engine

Otherwise you can fill the engine with water if not done properly.

NOTE: Don't run on the hose for more than 2 mins with the drivehsaft still installed. You can overheat the drivehsaft seals and ruin them.

No, running on the hose for a few secs will not develop piston wash patterns. It normally takes 1-2 hours of WOT running to get accurate readings.

You don't need to remove the heads to inspect for piston wash.

You can use a small flashlight that goes through the sparkplug hole (Husky sells an LED flashlight at Home Depot for $8 that works well), or you can use a borescope.

Since you're new and just got the ski, I'd suggest recording the carb adj screw positions you have currently. They will all be different for each cyl.

Start by noting which carb, and how many turns (and partial turns) IN they are to a LIGHTLY seated position. Write them down someplace safe.

Then I would set them to the factory specs for your year. Turning them OUT the amount of turns (and partials) according to the manual.

The screws near the top are the high speed screws, and normally have the limiter caps installed on them. (they can be pulled off, and reinstalled)

The screws nearest the bottom are the low screws, and are a "T" shape. These screws are normally adjusted all the same.

Good luck with your ski.

Thanks Guys! Good to know the number on the heads are just casting IDs. Worried they were from different models.

When I tore the carbs down I drew a chart of each carb and where the needle position was "off closed", even took pictures. They were all right where the factor specs said they should be, lows at 1/2 turn and highers were within 1/8 of factory for SL 750.

Gonna look at pump and see condition of it today. Hopefully its in as good a condition as rest of ski!

Gonna leave the factory oil system intact as I have four kids and a wife that I don't want to have to explain the fundamentals of pre-mix to .... My '94 has oil injection at the base of intake manifold, below carbs, where as newer models inject oil above the carbs via lower FA plate. Which is a better setup? Or is this a DFW? (Don't [email protected]#$ With)

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Don't bother with the oil injection location.

Do however replace the oil hoses and filter due to age.

Not a bad idea to replace the fuel hoses either. Won't cost much to do.

The fuel system is the weak point on thses skis. Keep it clean and updated for reliability.

+1
    The POLARIS BUG struck again!!! Excellent!! lol Oh what a feeling to hear it roar to life huh?! There fun skis. Welcome to the Hulk! We could always use another skier going down the river! Check the tank lines too. they are probably junky brown and swollen in there. make sure the screens are put back on the ends and check for the updates for this ski in the search function!. theres a few to look at.

+1
    SeaDoo Jetski with Trailer - $399 (Rockwall) Just sell the seadoo and keep the trailer! seadoo pays for trailer! trailer is free then!

Date: 2009-11-28, 11:16AM CST
    Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a Sea-Doo SP Bombardier Jetski with Trailer for sale. Seadoo makes good jetskis. The Jetski was working fine, but hasn't been used in a few years so I am assuming it'll need some work. I don't have the key (it's easy to get replacement keys since people loose these all the time.) The trailer rolls fine and is ready to haul the waverunner home. Can explain all the details if you are interested in seeing it. Don't have title, but have notarized bill of sale for all. Asking $399 cash for everything. A boat or jetski trailer alone will cost you over $500. Buy a trailer, get a free jetski! E-mail me with the address above to set up a time. You may want to include your phone number so I can contact you quicker.

Located in Rockwall (Close to Rowlett, Garland, Wylie, Sachse, Murphy, Royse City, Forney, Mesquite, Terrell, Farmersville, Greenville and not too far from East Dallas, Plano, Allen, Richardson, McKinney, Frisco, etc.)

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Replaced 'bout every hose in the craft so far!

Hey, thanks for the Craigslist lead.... I posted a WTB on Craigslist earlier in the week and had a call about an hour ago from a dude in "Yellville, Arkansas" with a trailer for $75. He will throw in an SL 750 with no motor for $25.... think I will be making a trip on Sunday to northern Arkansas to "fetch it"!

After the big LSU vs Ark game tonight of course! Go Hogs!

During a brief run "on the hose" last Saturday, I noticed a little bit of flame in the middle carb when coming of WOT. Figured maybe the reeds needed look at and sure enough the middle set has issues. The upper stopper is rusted badly and the reed has a split forming in it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	161544  

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information