Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

R&d FZR RIDEPLATE RESULTS

They claim up to 3 mph on top speed and i can only find one post on here where someone has tried one!! whats up with that? I would have thought people would be trying these plates and what about a riva plate? I dint see anything about ride plates in peoples signature with fzr`s or fzs`s is anybody running them at all?

+1
    The R&D ride plate is all about bow lift, which it does a good job of, until it starts porpoising IMO the stock plate is just as good if not better.
    If your looking for an excellent handling plate.......
    Something similar to this photo is coming from Shreadmaster

+1
    Kansas,

Now I know why Dougs/Bob showed up here a couple of weeks ago.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kansasgpr View Post
    The R&D ride plate is all about bow lift, which it does a good job of, until it starts porpoising IMO the stock plate is just as good if not better.
    Maybe it will yield 3-4 mph like they did with the old ultra 150`s and great handling!!!!

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Your SHITTING ME!!!!!!!!!! That plate was dam near the best thing I ever did to my Ultra150!

Thank you Bob Morgan!!!!

+1
    Do you know if they'll be making one for the SHO too? I emailed Shredmaster about it over a year ago & they responded telling me that they were focusing on getting one available for the Honda skis.That would be a kick ass offshore plate on a SHO or FZ.

+1
    Mark, the dovetail on the end of that plate resembles a Shredmaster alot
    http://www.shred-master.com/

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff007 View Post
    They claim up to 3 mph on top speed and i can only find one post on here where someone has tried one!! whats up with that? I would have thought people would be trying these plates and what about a riva plate? I dint see anything about ride plates in peoples signature with fzr`s or fzs`s is anybody running them at all?

I only gained 1mph but this is compared to the stock plate with the stock spacers removed and one .090 shims in the front bolts. That setup gained 1.5mph so I think overall the gain from bone stock with spacers in place to the r&d plate is very good. I had the same porpoising issues when shimming the stock plate and installing the r&d. The only thing I havent tried is shimming the front of the r&d or removing the spacers. R&d says not to do either but I may try.

+1
    This might get interesting! I know a lot of people did`nt like the shredmaster on the gpr but,seeing that the fz`s dont have trim tabs at the rear, this design of plate could be an awesume improvement in the handling department in rough conditions on the fz hull..i havent heard anyone say the fz`s dont handle good anyway like the old ultra 150 did so im guessing here we want see the same kind speed results with the fz fzs.again im just guessing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH. View Post
    I only gained 1mph but this is compared to the stock plate with the stock spacers removed and one .090 shims in the front bolts. That setup gained 1.5mph so I think overall the gain from bone stock with spacers in place to the r&d plate is very good. I had the same porpoising issues when shimming the stock plate and installing the r&d. The only thing I havent tried is shimming the front of the r&d or removing the spacers. R&d says not to do either but I may try.
    Are R&D`s claims with the plate only or in combination plate and intake grate also?
    from what issues jerry had with pump stuffing i dont think i would try the plate without the grate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information