Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Opinions on pump extension

Im in the process of upgrading my ski yet again over the winter. Ive got the engine out and have ported the head, valve job and decked, Riva ECU, RR retainers and shims. Im considering adding the pump extension but cant decided if its worth the $. Some people claim to have gained some speed on the extension and others have not. Its a very expensive part and I wanna make sure it does what it claims befor purchasing it. So does it add the claimed 1-2 mph or not? Thats all im really interested in is if the speed increase is ligit or not. So whats the deal? Anybody thats experienced gains or no gains in speed please chim in!!

It got WIFI and touchscreen ! PWCGUY's Avatar
    +1
    Speed increase is ligit based on my experience. I gained a solid 1 mph but that is only a part of the benefit. It also improved holeshot quite a bit ( reduces cavitation with after market grates ) and hooks up better in the chop. If you are only looking for top speed gains then there are probably better bangs for the buck out there. This mod is pricey but provides improvements in severeal areas not just top speed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PWCGUY View Post
    Speed increase is ligit based on my experience. I gained a solid 1 mph but that is only a part of the benefit. It also improved holeshot quite a bit ( reduces cavitation with after market grates ) and hooks up better in the chop. If you are only looking for top speed gains then there are probably better bangs for the buck out there. This mod is pricey but provides improvements in severeal areas not just top speed.
    +1..I seen a 1.25 MPH gain from mine...But like PWCGUY stated theres more to this mod than just speed..Handling in the chop is improved big time..And to me, depending on where and who you ride with thats worth it right there to be able to stay in the throttle in chop..Its definatly a mod worth investing in IMO...

My ski was going 80mph in the chop with the pump extension. I dont know if my ski pick up any speed. I had everything done at one time.

+1
    I am also very interested in this for my wifes boat. I have never put one on any boats, so lets here it.

+ 2 on the much improved handling in the chop. I cant attest to speeds increase as I added several mods at once along with the extension.

+1
    thanks for response!! if anybody else has an opinion please chim in!!

+1
    I will echo Snoman's comments - definitely holeshots and powers thru the chop without pump coming unloaded much better than stock length pump. Solid 1 mph gain on my ski. I ran it without the wedge, but had an angled plate. The extension may actually keep the bow down or prevent lift if setup incorrectly with the rest of the hull but this is a guess and I have no way to confirm this.
    I think if top speed is your only goal money is better spent elsewhere. If I was racing in rough water I think pump extension is a must have.

I am installing mine as we speak

Will post how it goes

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoad View Post
    I will echo Snoman's comments - definitely holeshots and powers thru the chop without pump coming unloaded much better than stock length pump. Solid 1 mph gain on my ski. I ran it without the wedge, but had an angled plate. The extension may actually keep the bow down or prevent lift if setup incorrectly with the rest of the hull but this is a guess and I have no way to confirm this.
    I think if top speed is your only goal money is better spent elsewhere. If I was racing in rough water I think pump extension is a must have.

Thats exactly how my ext felt on my X.. hook up, is excellent, but felt like i couldnt get the nose up enough..

I did other mods as well so i couldnt tell if there were any gains specific to this mod...

(Sorry to spam, but I did this mod soley for pump relief.. I have since found another method and will be selling this unit this winter, if anyone is interested)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information