Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reliability with mods

Ok so here are my plans for my 2006 RXP for next spring. I was just wondering how the reliability will be? Hoping people with similar set ups can give me some insight. Originally i didnt want to mess with injectors, but being that Im getting the Fizzle IC and the GenII wheel I guess i need #42's? I have just read that some people had problems with their skis idling too rich and fouling plugs, which the whole reason I spent $7k on a ski was to have reliable.

Planning on.... riva intake grate, pump wedge, VTS extension, 4in Fizzle intake, free flow exhaust, Fizzle XS IC, Steel Washers, GenII SC wheel, #42 injectors, Strainer kit, and catch can. Plus whichever prop will work with this set up, thinking a 15/20r

Any help would be great, I just dont want something that im going to have to mess with. Right now it starts right up everytime, idles perfectly, which i want it to stay that way

You should be just fine reliability wise with those basic mods and go a little faster too...

+1
    Then addiction is gonna hit and your gonna wanna go a little faster...

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxcrazy23 View Post
    Then addiction is gonna hit and your gonna wanna go a little faster...
    and then reliability will decrease, there will always be a Cause and Effect.
    you cant really balance both when you start modding

+1
    I have just read that some people had problems with their skis idling too rich and fouling plugs, which the whole reason I spent $7k on a ski was to have reliable.

Planning on.... riva intake grate, pump wedge, VTS extension, 4in Fizzle intake, free flow exhaust, Fizzle XS IC, Steel Washers, GenII SC wheel, #42 injectors, Strainer kit, and catch can. Plus whichever prop will work with this set up, thinking a 15/20r

With the set up you propose you will be just fine. As far as running rich at ide and fouling plugs--that so much BS. Go back and read that over again where someone said they were fouling plugs and not reliable--you either missed some of their mods--or they were playing with a RRFR (which you will NOT need) and did not know what they were doing. Your ski will be extreamly reliable with recommeded oil and filter changes.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    ran 2 seasons so far ..with a s3 charger and e bay fizzle intercooler w 42...and a few other mods ...stock ecu and x charger any wheel..or s3 charger ..you will be fine ....seadoo put 11 psi charger on the skis with a warenty ..how unreliabel can it be...

i highly reccomenta bigger chargerover just a wheel the acceleration diff is omg

read upgrades below still no concerns about reliability you just cant skimp especially on the fueling...just follow the proven recipies.. and you will be fine

+1
    scrap the gen II wheel and go with the S3 upgrade, Youll get a bit more performance with the same reliability.

Thanks a lot guys, you have given me a lot more piece of mind.

AS for the wheel set up, S3, you are talking about the Riva Pro-series stage 3 upgrade right? Just want to make sure.

Will this supercharger set up still be compatible with just the #42's and the rest I listed?

Will the extra hundred bucks make that much of a difference, seems like it would with a new housing cover.

+1
    I ran the stage 3 SC and 42s last year. Very reliable, no foueled plugs, started right up everytime. My best speed with that setup was 77 MPH with the 81mm ring
    Quote Originally Posted by TrianoRaceCo View Post
    Thanks a lot guys, you have given me a lot more piece of mind.

AS for the wheel set up, S3, you are talking about the Riva Pro-series stage 3 upgrade right? Just want to make sure.

Will this supercharger set up still be compatible with just the #42's and the rest I listed?

Will the extra hundred bucks make that much of a difference, seems like it would with a new housing cover.

I guess that is the way Ill go then. Now that all my doubts are clear up, I can confidently spend all my money.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information