Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Throttle Body Sticking/Stuck

This happened to me twice the Throttle body stuck open a little. Had to shut it down on the water and grab it by hand moving it back and forth till it came free and it was fine after that. Now it's stuck closed I can turn it by hand a little bit but it won't open. I'm afraid to put too much pressure on it so I was just pushing it by hand. Should I use a screwdriver to get some leverage on it or open it up and spray some lube in there.

What could be causing it to stick like this I used to have a leaking IC but thats fixed now...

Ok got it loose by hand but it was sticking open on the way down after releasing the throttle for a while. Now it opens and closes smooth after turning it back and forth a bunch of times. What can I do to make sure it doesn't get messed up or isn't messed up already??

Take the IC tube off the TB and spray Bomb lube in there working it in!...PR...

+1
    Check the plate and throttle rod. If iis starting to wear change it/them before you suck it in.

+1
    You have salt water corrosion on the TB plate. I've had this happen about 3 times now. Pull the whole throttle body off the intake, remove the butterfly plate (if you can) and use some light emry paper on the edges all the way around the plate, and the inside bore of the TB. Spray pb blaster on the shaft, and work it into the shaft bearings on top and bottom. Reassemble, and your ready to ride. Don't take a chance and let it stick on you while riding .

+1
    in the 06 models there is a throttle body lubrication fitting on top that little plastic cover over the intake, the 06 owners manual says lubricate with something none silicone based, for the 04-05 you have to take off the elbow and spray instide the tb for lub-age..

So I'm confused is this just something that needed to be lubed anyway and I just didn't know about it, is it something that needs to be fixed, or is it something that I should have been doing and now needs to be fixed?

I mean I woke up this morning and thought Hmmmm the ski is running nice and fast and I actually don't have to take it apart for once how nice.

I should have known that she likes to keep me busy and was going to need her weekly teardown

Well whatever I have to do to keep her running smooth and problem free. So what is it remove TB and rebuild or lube and ride on..... Hmm maybe upgrade to an 06' TB

Oh yeah and it did stick on the water before but I knew exactly what was hapening somehow and knew to cut the motor instantly

+1
    Its the saltwater corrosion from your leaking IC problem, or from injesting some from wave jumping. The 04-05's don't have the winterizing tube. The valve cover breather tube goes into the stock intake track, and actually lubes the TB to some degree from blow by. When you put a catch can on that line it dries out your TB tract, and salt will corrode the Plate shut. Soak it in PB Blaster, and work it in, or clean it up, before it's too late. They are not cheap!

Well looks like I have a project for tomorrow. I'm gonna give it a good soaking and work it in real nice. I don't remember seeing much corosion in there when I was working on it so hopefully it's not too bad but I'll spray it down good with this stuff ASAP.

This is the stuff right:

+1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information