resonator and free flow help....

Hey guys on my old rxp i had the free flow system. wide open sounded great. but from what i remember that 3k drone resonation sounded god awful for the rider and others around you. as i get more mods on my x i kinda miss an exhaust that says your ski has balls lol. thinking about buying the riva pipe AGAIN and installing and if i dont like i will go back to stock. my old ski i sawzalled it out. how do i go about doing this in case i wanna go back. do i do this?? 1 remove all plumbing. 2 remove throttle body. i dont want to remove vts or intcooler if possible tell me some tips guys thanks!!

+1
    pull the intercooler and Vts out. I can get my intercooler and Vts all out in 15min.

i dont have the vts tool and have never pulled vts out how do you do that? it looks complicated. wouldnt the throttle body be a good idea too?

Banned User
    +1
    i did the rear exhaust but needed to take the vts out and was frustrated as ________ cuz i didnt know you needed a "vts" wrench. what i found worked awsome was a set of long nosed vise grips. not clamped down hard, just enough to keep it from rolling off the sides. its not hard to remove it at all. or now that you know you can spend the 20 on the right tool.... good luck

+1
    I used a piece of that black pvc pipe heated the end up a bit and pushed it on to the VTS nut and itll came right off
    It easy to remove. undo the bolt where it hooks to the nozzel, then remove the plastic clamps that hold on the boot being carfull not to break them, using your fingers pull/push the to half to the side and they pop right off, then undo the big nut and out it comes, there are some washers make sure you put them back where they belong when you re install it.

ok thanks alot man. its looking like i need to pull my vts anyway sounds like i have water inside the box. my gauge is eratic looking.

Thread Information