Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Riva’s version of Powershot?

It was stated on this site that Riva was coming out with their own version of the powershot. Does anyone know the release date? The R&D powershots are breaking down like crazy. After my powershot collapsed I have two other friends who as recently as last week are having the same problems.

Does anyone know how high the limiter will be raised on Riva's version when its ready for sale?

what exactly do you mean "collapsed"? I havent heard that much about R&D Powershot issues with the SHO...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smbstyle View Post
    what exactly do you mean "collapsed"? I havent heard that much about R&D Powershot issues with the SHO...
    I have been hearing about it recently.

I also heard that Riva is coming out with there own "powershot". Who knows when though.

Quote Originally Posted by smbstyle View Post
    The powershot may not be as water resistant as advertised. My riding buddy and I are on our second powershot and probably will not be buying a third, lol. I also know of another person whose powrshot completely failed on him last week. We sent our powershots back to R&D to see what they are going to say but I’m not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by tsho View Post
    The powershot may not be as water resistant as advertised. My riding buddy and I are on our second powershot and probably will not be buying a third, lol. I also know of another person whose powrshot completely failed on him last week. We sent our powershots back to R&D to see what they are going to say but I’m not holding my breath.
    I wonder if mounting it on the inside of the box that houses the ECU and electrical components would help keep the water away from the display? Keep us posted on what R&D says...

+1
    Allstar had a good idea for keeping them dry. He put a ballon around it.

To update the situation, R&D is not willing to replace the Powershots claiming 30 day warranty has expired. I would encourage everyone who is interested in purchasing the powershot to do their homework and see if there are other alternatives because the continuous spending of $500 + adds up each time you replace a powershot. If this only happened to me I wouldn’t see it as a big deal but its happening to many.

+1
    So is the damage occurring to these from them getting wet?
    If so where are you mounting them?

Quote Originally Posted by tsho View Post
    To update the situation, R&D is not willing to replace the Powershots claiming 30 day warranty has expired. I would encourage everyone who is interested in purchasing the powershot to do their homework and see if there are other alternatives because the continuous spending of $500 + adds up each time you replace a powershot. If this only happened to me I wouldn’t see it as a big deal but its happening to many.
    that seems frustrating, but maybe there is an easy solution, such as someone developing a cover for the powershot so it's not exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    So is the damage occurring to these from them getting wet?
    If so where are you mounting them?

According to R&D its because its getting wet. Mine are stored in the front of the ski just before the storage compartment divider. To give you an idea, if you take off the white divider between the front storage compartment and fuel tank the powershot is right there.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information