Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

New GPR triple pipes

Just checking to see if anyone has a brand new set of GPR triple pipes that they might be interested in selling. Please send me a PM...thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 32DegH2O View Post
    Just checking to see if anyone has a brand new set of GPR triple pipes that they might be interested in selling. Please send me a PM...thanks!
    Save yourswlf ALOT of money and buy a nice used set. Hallpass has some FP triples for $500

+1
    Thanks...I did see that and I have contacted him about them. Just wondering if someone might have a new set around...I'm pretty anal about looks and I would like them for my next project.

I have a set that i canship you. dropped shipped from riva 3500.00. My point is like others, save a lot of money and buy them used. Paint will flake off them in one years use. I would but some used ones and strip them. Then get them jet-hot coated. you will run about 500-1000 on the pipes and 200-800 in coating. these will be brand new after your done with them and will still save you about 1000. Just thoughts. Rememeber youll be welding them in a year anyway so I would keep them bare.

+1
    I have been thinking of just getting mine refinished...powder coated, as it's pretty easy and cheap to have done. What is jet-hot coated?

It is a coating that you put on the pipes just like powder coating in a way. It is clear so you need to finish the pipes. Looks good. Keeps the pipes clean and protected from the elements.

You should just leave them bare and polish them. They will stay hotter and get hotter.

+1
    Lowell has a new set, he is out of town right now and will be back in a few days

Quote Originally Posted by 32DegH2O View Post
    I have been thinking of just getting mine refinished...powder coated, as it's pretty easy and cheap to have done. What is jet-hot coated?

http://www.jet-hot.com/

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by krispaintballz View Post
    It is a coating that you put on the pipes just like powder coating in a way. It is clear so you need to finish the pipes. Looks good. Keeps the pipes clean and protected from the elements.

You should just leave them bare and polish them. They will stay hotter and get hotter.
    I was thinking of just stripping them (not sure how or what to use to do that) but then do some kind of surface finish to the alum...don't want to do polished...scrapes show up to easy, and then have them clear coated somehow. The jet-hot sounds very interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    Lowell has a new set, he is out of town right now and will be back in a few days
    Thanks...I'll get a hold of him when he gets back.

Paint stripper and then polished them. Powder coating does hide the imperfections. But these pipes are known to crack and from personal experience a waste of money to get them coated. Again they stay hotter when you dont coat them. another trick is instead of running the head water overboard, run it through the pipes. This will keep them hot. Pumping cold water through them causes them to stay too cold.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4332.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	3.07 MB 
ID:	161957   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4330.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	236.0 KB 
ID:	161958  

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information