+1

winterizing a jet ski

Hello all,

This is my first time owning a jet ski (2006 rxt), and I wanted to prepare it for the winter. It is going to be pretty cold tomorrow and it might possibly snow for the first time this winter. (It usually never snows in houston).

I've been searching the forum and read different posts on how to winterize the ski. Some say that you need to have the engine on, and others say that you should purchase a pump and just pump the antifreeze through the flush port with having the engine off.

My question is this. Which way is the correct way to do it?

Thanks guys!

+1

winterize

Quote Originally Posted by krouchchocolate View Post
    Hello all,

This is my first time owning a jet ski (2006 rxt), and I wanted to prepare it for the winter. It is going to be pretty cold tomorrow and it might possibly snow for the first time this winter. (It usually never snows in houston).

I've been searching the forum and read different posts on how to winterize the ski. Some say that you need to have the engine on, and others say that you should purchase a pump and just pump the antifreeze through the flush port with having the engine off.

My question is this. Which way is the correct way to do it?

Thanks guys!
    First of all it would have to be 28 deg for at least 10 to 12 hours to cause problems but yes the engine must run so it doesn't back up in the cylinders and you should fog it through the injectors.

According to the weather forecast, it is suppose to be < 28 degrees from 1pm to about 7am tomorrow through to Saturday.

Is it still necessary to winterize the ski?

thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sumo500 View Post
    According to the weather forecast, it is suppose to be < 28 degrees from 1pm to about 7am tomorrow through to Saturday.

Is it still necessary to winterize the ski?

thanks
    damn foo you joined the same month as me. Why you stalking me.

I would personally never risk leaking my ski outside if it was going to get close to being blow 32F for any amount of time without winterizing it. Cant really see a reason to take that chance.

thanks for the help.

so the method of actually starting up your motor to winterize is the safest correct?

If you have a Super Charger you will need to drain the I/C but mine doesnt have that. I just hook anti freeze up to the port on the back then start it and let the anti freeze run till it comes out of the exhaust. Note, Never try to run any liquid through the jet ski unless the engine is started.

I also remove spray fogging oil in the intake and take the fuel rail out and fog that.

Dont forget stabil in the gas.

do you know where to buy the fogging oil locally?
    i tried autozone and oriley's and they didnt have a clue to what i was asking for lol

thanks for you help

Do you not have any marine dealers or jet ski dealers?

Ive found that most auto parts stores do not know what that is around here either. Ive only found what I liked at west marine and marine dealers.

We did find some sea foam fogging oil at Advance Auto parts.

yeah thats what i was afraid of... i didnt want to go to the dealership since they charge an arm and a leg.

i think ima order it online

thanks for all the help greenhulk.net is awesome

Thread Information