Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

07 HO recall / upgrade

Is called a " code 90 " yamaha has a reacall in the UK for cooling hoses and clamps. It's not a recall here but more of an upgrade. Yamaha is not contacting owners here in the states. Not sure why though..... call a dealer , give them your vin and tell them to check for the code 90. They will upgrade the hoses and clams at NC.

+1
    i'm going to have to tell my cousin about this. his hose popped off twice and nearly sank the ski, luckily it was close to shore both times it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by jayohentran View Post
    i'm going to have to tell my cousin about this. his hose popped off twice and nearly sank the ski, luckily it was close to shore both times it happened.
    it happenede to me too . By the time I realized it my hull was 1/2 full of saltwater. I didnt realize it right away because my fat sister in law was on with me and I thought she was the reason that I was dragging.

Im thinking that it's Yamahas responsibiliy to be proactive and let us know.

Yamaha UK is doing the right thing. Why isn't Yamaha US ???

+1

recall

Quote Originally Posted by davidw View Post
    Is called a " code 90 " yamaha has a reacall in the UK for cooling hoses and clamps. It's not a recall here but more of an upgrade. Yamaha is not contacting owners here in the states. Not sure why though..... call a dealer , give them your vin and tell them to check for the code 90. They will upgrade the hoses and clams at NC.
    I saw 2 of these HO go totally under both lost the engines 2 those clamps suck and there a bitch to get to also both skis yamaha replaced with new engines under warranty with the same old shitty clamps back on them.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoost View Post
    I saw 2 of these HO go totally under both lost the engines 2 those clamps suck and there a bitch to get to also both skis yamaha replaced with new engines under warranty with the same old shitty clamps back on them.
    I almost lost mine too. I found a guy on LBI to hook me up ( on labor day weekend too ) . He used a different type of clamp and yes, he said it was a real bitch to get to.

I never had any problem with mine but i got the letter last week from yamaha uk telling me to drop my ski into the yamaha dealer to have a revised cooling hose kit fitted.
    My ski has had these replaced now and is ready to collect

Quote Originally Posted by bruce473 View Post
    I never had any problem with mine but i got the letter last week from yamaha uk telling me to drop my ski into the yamaha dealer to have a revised cooling hose kit fitted.
    My ski has had these replaced now and is ready to collect
    Exactly my point. Why is Yamaha UK doing the right thing and here in the states we risk sinking our ski's???

I got my 5 hoses & 10 clamps done today. The mechanic said he had it done in 30 minutes ( one of the hoses goes under the exhaust manifold and the end can't be seen ).

The replacement kit consists of

4 small bore 2 inch hoses with 8 small diameter clamps

1 larger bore hose about 12 inches long with a couple of bends + 2 bigger clamps

The old hoses have a smooth outer texture and the new hoses have an undulating/ corregated look.

The kit looks as if it would cost $20 to $25. Good luck.

+1
    my cousin's ski took on water labor day weekend too! luckily we were near the beach. we pulled it up on the beach and drained the water out. the water was over the battery at that point. and you're right, it is a pain in the ass to get that clamp back on. i think he changed the clamp out on it after the second time it came off.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information