Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1

The Fireplace-Winter Discussion Thread

We have the BS thread,but it's sorta of a short comment thread.

I propose this as a thread to have general discussions in, like the way we side track some people threads. maybe we can run a topic or two at a time. So everyone kick back by the fireplace and sit a spell.

And feel free to also discuss what you do in the winter to pass the time,snowmobile,ski,trips,spill it all here.

Also alot of this will have been covered in depth on a thread,so post links to the threads if you know them.

We have alot of new members with first time projects started for this winter.And everyone is Speed minded,so what's some of the things that get overlooked for Free do it yourself Speed? Or thoughts on things to try,if they work,maybe they are brand new ideas or questions.

Truing the hull is one,very cheap just time burning to do it.

Ride plate mods.

Also I think it was TxPro1200 was taking about opening up the exhaust manifold flange bigger on the 1200.

When truing a hull,you are basiclly taking out imperfections from the factory. Some hulls are nice and straight,some are more wavey. Also in truing the hull you reduce surface tension of the water passing under it.

There has been alot of discussion on if it's better to have a polished surface or leave a 500 grit finish vs a 180 grit finish.

Also one of the big things to reduce drag is to Square any edges. Like where the hull ends and the transom begans.
    Some of the Yami's pick up 2 MPH with a trued hull.

Here's some pictures and the link of the MSXtreme getting it's belly rubbed.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=48356&page=10

The first few are working out the flatness and chip repairs,the last two are finished. You will notice I only did the hull part way up,as that is the only part that touches the water while running.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	43600122.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	162049   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	43600126.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	162050   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	43600110.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	162051   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	43600111.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	162055   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	43600003.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	700.2 KB 
ID:	162056   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	43600004.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	718.0 KB 
ID:	162057  

+1
    well basically here in michigan, we put our ski away to hibernate and wait for the ice to cover the lake and start ice fishing till march and maybe go watch the snowmobile races on lake saint clair. I'll take pics n vids. its almost as fun as jetskiing! I have a huge checkered flag and I am the flag man for drag racing sleds. its a blast! cold as hell, 500 cars on the ice, everyone is cool and having fun, its a good time out there!. Plus whenyour the flagman, you get a front row seat to the action!. Man these things frickin fly.!!! like a 785 on steriods. these guys are gitting 135 mph going down the track with the front of the ski off the ground the whole way down,, Sometimes, these bad ass four wheelers pull up with like 12 foot wheelie bars off the back with HUGE spikes on the tires and just take off so fast, you cant even believe it. I have a 82 br250 ..lol no spikes on it. I just putz around it for fun! I'd like to see a race of a 785 pro and a bad ass snowmobile.. which would win in a straight line race? the snowmobile!, maybe not the take off but in the end, oh yeah the snowmobile. yep all ya hear is triple pipes going off all around ya and smelling av gas !,making ya want to go home and fire up your ski!

I spend my winters making money on video games so that I have cash to blow in the summer. this year is a little different though, since I am trying to stay away from computers as much as I can and lose some weight I spend my time working on the jet skis and kickboxing.

can't wait for warm weather to break them out again.

+1
    You mean you run around Fair Haven on a Yami Bravo?
    I bought my ex a new one in '84. Even her's had 20 studs in the track.

It is alot of fun out there. All the want to be Drag Sleds and normal skis line up 10-20 wide near shore and run pinks style. And all the real big money Drag Skis are about 1/4 mile out running Pinks style or single on radar.
    Drinking beer,watching races,then over to the Raft for Chili.

As far as Ski VS Sled,A 600 sled would kick the crap out of the ski all day long. My '85 485 Phazer with a PSI pipe would do 92 mph on the 1/8 on radar back then.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post
    ...Also one of the big things to reduce drag is to Square any edges. Like where the hull ends and the transom begans...
    Did you actually do this on your hull?

Any photos of how you did that?

+1
    I did it some,The radius is pretty large,so to "sharpen" it you'd get into the gelcoat on the MSX unless you actually built it up first. I took it as close as I felt comfortable about it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	43600885.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	934.1 KB 
ID:	162070   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	43600887.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	976.2 KB 
ID:	162071  

Didn't know you Texans got so excited over snow..

Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    Well I'll be dammed. There is snow in Texas!!! Nice snowman!!! If it weren't so cold here, I would go build one on my ski too!

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    I've been called a Sally because I don't like cold water, but I thought you Texans were supposed to be tough. We are anxiously awaiting your testing results of the 1010. Now get out there and ride Cowboy!

+1
    A nice balmy 38 degrees today, little wind ----the snow missed this side of the state! shwiiing! and a miss! Get your wetsuit on and take it out for a min with the snow in the backround and take pics!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information