Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DynoTune Boost Gauge Issue

I have been using my DynoTune boost gauge since I've had the ski, it has worked fine, at idle it always reads between -8.9 and -8.1 vacuum. Well today I started the ski up on the trailer and the gauge started off at 1.2, then kept going up and up all the way until 25.6, and kept increasing. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? There is nothing about it in the DynoTune manual, and the guy I spoke with said he's never heard of that happening and didn't offer me any solution....

+1
    You got water in it. If you dry it out soon it should be fine. Just remove the bezel & hit the inners swith some compressed air & let it dry out somewhere with low humidity before putting it back together. It happened to mine several times, no matter how well I sealed it. Once it was reading 165psi. If it still doesn't work, I think they will replace the electronics for about $80 if you send it back to them.

+1
    Hmmm-since we are on this subject--I purchased a new blue dynotune gauge for my 2008 RXT-X. This is not my first time with this type and brand. They worked fine on my other skis. After hook up--reads vacuume as its should up to about 6000 rpm--then goes into boost mode. Well--it will only read 1.5 lbs boost with a high of 2.8 lbs of boost and it jumps between these two readings. I dont have a boost leak as I can pull 8100 plus rpm at about 73 plus MPH with my current set up. Called Dynotune--they said they had never heard of this. Told me to hook up my air compressor to the gauge as see what it reads. Well --did that and gauge would read up to 60 PSI.
    At Dynotunes request--set gauge back to them--they tested--said it works fine. Installed gauge again--same thing. Anyone have any ideas--thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    You got water in it. If you dry it out soon it should be fine. Just remove the bezel & hit the inners swith some compressed air & let it dry out somewhere with low humidity before putting it back together. It happened to mine several times, no matter how well I sealed it. Once it was reading 165psi. If it still doesn't work, I think they will replace the electronics for about $80 if you send it back to them.
    makes sense.... i drove it home through a frickin monsoon.

Thanks a lot mjh3ides!!!

i just tried it again a second ago and its down to -1.9 at idle.... getting better.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    I have buddy bearing caps on the SHO gauges on the boost and the a/f so when not in use i just cap them. And also before i installed them i seal every were water can get in top and bottom.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    Hmmm-since we are on this subject--I purchased a new blue dynotune gauge for my 2008 RXT-X. This is not my first time with this type and brand. They worked fine on my other skis. After hook up--reads vacuume as its should up to about 6000 rpm--then goes into boost mode. Well--it will only read 1.5 lbs boost with a high of 2.8 lbs of boost and it jumps between these two readings. I dont have a boost leak as I can pull 8100 plus rpm at about 73 plus MPH with my current set up. Called Dynotune--they said they had never heard of this. Told me to hook up my air compressor to the gauge as see what it reads. Well --did that and gauge would read up to 60 PSI.
    At Dynotunes request--set gauge back to them--they tested--said it works fine. Installed gauge again--same thing. Anyone have any ideas--thanks.
    Might have something to do with where you're getting your boost reference...I'm not at all familiar with the Doos.

Quote Originally Posted by smbstyle View Post
    makes sense.... i drove it home through a frickin monsoon.

Thanks a lot mjh3ides!!!

i just tried it again a second ago and its down to -1.9 at idle.... getting better.
    No problem dude. Even if it's getting better, it's still a good idea to open it up & let it dry. Mine only leaked when the ski sat in the rain & water pooled in the face for a few hours. I think it was leaking around where the LCD attached to the face plate because I had the bezel sealed with silicone. The last time it happened I forgot about it & the gauge was toast. When I ordered another one they sealed it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    I have buddy bearing caps on the SHO gauges on the boost and the a/f so when not in use i just cap them. And also before i installed them i seal every were water can get in top and bottom.

Hm... thats a pretty good idea. Think I'll grab some of those.

Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Might have something to do with where you're getting your boost reference...I'm not at all familiar with the Doos.

No problem dude. Even if it's getting better, it's still a good idea to open it up & let it dry. Mine only leaked when the ski sat in the rain & water pooled in the face for a few hours. I think it was leaking around where the LCD attached to the face plate because I had the bezel sealed with silicone. The last time it happened I forgot about it & the gauge was toast. When I ordered another one they sealed it for me.

true.

I uploaded a video to show what it was doing to make it easier on people (im a visual learner).. fun excuse to videotape my ski for the first time...

+1
    The Dynotune hates water. I had to send one back as well cause I really killed it in the open waters. Now I wrap the thing in plastic wrap like you would for your favorite sandwich and with a few tries usually get it perfect. Then screw the top bezel on. Has worked like a champ since I started doing this. Might be worth a shot for those also getting them wet.

+1
    yep my boost and a/f gauges have gone as well after 2rides, i ride in open water i dont susgest them to any one that dose

im going to take them out and hopfuly flow rites fit the same size hole

Quote Originally Posted by SQURTN View Post
    yep my boost and a/f gauges have gone as well after 2rides, i ride in open water i dont susgest them to any one that dose

im going to take them out and hopfuly flow rites fit the same size hole
    I'm really considering switching over to a mechanical boost gauge, that way I dont have to worry about displays going bad with all the electronic components. But for the a/f i'm stuck with an electronic gauge. the next one im going to have to seal up good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information