Thread: Carbon Ring How To?
12-04-2009, 04:17 PM #1
Carbon Ring How To?
Is there a carbon ring how to for the RXPs?
Going to change one for my 05 RXP. Did not see any how to's in that section.
I have a service manual, but know there will be tricks and tips here that I might miss.
This repair / maintenance is pretty important so want to not mess it up!
Thanks a lot!
12-04-2009, 05:48 PM #2
- Join Date
- Aug 2007
- Reading PA
All i know is getting the drive shaft out and the seal in there is a bit tricky, I had my dealer do mine with a new shaft and boot for 175 bucks.
12-04-2009, 05:55 PM #3
1. Remove the seat cowling first.
2. Once the seat cowling is removed youll want to remove the SC air intake assembly
3. Once the Air intake is out of the way youll need to slide the carbon seal hat back and remove the C-clip off the driveshaft.
4. Once the C-clip is off remove the pump assembly off the back of the boat.
5. after the pump assembly is removed slide the driveshaft out.The hat will slide off as the driveshaft comes out.
6. undo the carbon seal and accordian boot via the hose clamps.
7. Take the accordian boot and carbon seal assembly off(You dont have to take the assembly off the ski BUT it isnt a bad idea to do so you can inspect the boot for any issues)
8.Take the old carbon seal out of the accordian boot.While you have the boot off inspect the boot for any cracks,tears or imperfections..Then put the new carbon seal into the accordian boot and tighten the clamp holdint the seal to the boot.
9.Once the boot and seal assembly are back on the boat,slide the driveshaft through the seal, now slide the hat back on also..Then push the driveshaft back into the PTO assembly making sure the PTO floating bearing assembly is snapped back into place on the driveshaft.
10.install the pump assembly.
11.Pull the hat back and install the C-Clip.
12.put the SCer air intake sytem back on.
13.re-install your seat cowling.
This should be it..IF im missing anything please let me know...
12-04-2009, 06:08 PM #4
It helps to stuff some paper towel into the prop splines to prevent the shaft from moving while you are attempting to pull the floating ring back to remove the C-clip.
12-04-2009, 06:18 PM #5
12-04-2009, 11:20 PM #6
12-05-2009, 12:52 AM #7
12-05-2009, 06:53 AM #8
12-05-2009, 10:18 AM #9
12-05-2009, 10:30 AM #10
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By left coast girl in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 7Last Post: 11-23-2007, 11:33 PM
By left coast girl in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 3Last Post: 11-14-2007, 12:05 PM
By MIARider in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 9Last Post: 10-09-2007, 08:55 PM
By carbuff91 in forum 2-Stroke PerformanceReplies: 11Last Post: 05-18-2007, 10:16 PM
By moultrie rxp in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 3Last Post: 07-31-2006, 03:21 PM