Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

+1

Boost Gauge Issue

I have a 2008 RXT-X which I have installed a new blue square Dynotune boost gauge feeding off the Riva intake manifold intercooler relocation block off. I have installed like set ups on other 4-tec Seadoos. Heres my problem. Gauge reads a vacuum reading up to just over 6000 rpm as it should. I am running a stock ECU and my max RPMs are just over 8100 at just over GPS speed of 73 MPH. However at this RPM range my boost gauge reads only 1.5 lbs of boost to 2.6 lbs of boost. And the readings jump up and down rapidly. Called Dynotune and they said they had never heard of this--but to hook up and air compressor to the gauge imput and see what it read. Well--it read up to 60 lbs which is what I set my compressor at. Called Dynotune and they instructed me to send the gauge complete back to them. They called me several days later and said there testing showed the gauge to be operating as designed and set it back to me. I reinstalled the gauge and same problem. My ski would not be running the RPMs and speeds it does if I had a boost leak. Would appriciate anyones thoughts and insight on this. Thank you.

+1
    Ray, the only malfunctions I've seen in boost gauges are when water hits the sensor. Going with my theory, there is a chance you may have a small intercooler leak. Not enough to notice it in RPMs or to foul plugs, but enough to saturate the small surface of the sensor...

+1
    If not what james said, than

Maybe your getting an over charging/under charging issue

Put a volt meter on your battery while running, and see where your at. Too high a voltage, can cause erractic readings (lika a bad rectifier/fuse)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho rxp View Post
    If not what james said, than

Maybe your getting an over charging/under charging issue

Put a volt meter on your battery while running, and see where your at. Too high a voltage, can cause erractic readings (lika a bad rectifier/fuse)
    +1

+1
    Thanks guys for the imput. I will check out your sugjestions and get back to the thread with the results. It will be several days before I can run the tests.

Banned User
    +1
    How are you powering the gauge?

+1
    sorry you having issues with the boost gauge on ski. Is this the same gauge that was on there when i sold you the ski or a different one?

Hope you get it figured out.

+1
    Danny--I am powering it off the purple wire to come on with they laynard like I have done on all my other boats.

Steve--No this is a brand new blue face Dynotune. Cant seem to figure it out.

+1
    FYI,
    after I went thru a few of the sending units, and talking to dynotune, I ended up mounting the sending units AWAY from the heat and vibration of the engine with a piece of hard-walled tubing, and a barb female adapter on the end of the sensor. I did the same thing on my pump and fuel pressure sensors and haven't lost one since.

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Ray, the only malfunctions I've seen in boost gauges are when water hits the sensor. Going with my theory, there is a chance you may have a small intercooler leak. Not enough to notice it in RPMs or to foul plugs, but enough to saturate the small surface of the sensor...
    I agree with you JFizzleJR

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information