Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

1100 Raider Engine Ideas

I thought I would start stirring up some ideas will I'm thinking about it. I am still weeks away from finishing my Waveraider 700, but after that I have an 1100 that needs my attention. The engine threw a rod (I already have a replacement case) so I will need new pistons and have the cylinders bored.

Ideal Scenario: "PUMP GAS ROCKET". I would like this thing to run on 93 Octane only and achieve the highest possible top end speed without spending a fortune. It might be hard to achieve but I want reliability mixed with power. I'm 18 and a student so money is tight, but I have all winter to fund this so I don't want to get outrageous and I have time to shop around for the deals.

Please if you feel you have some suggestions before I start shopping around for the stuff I'm going to use please share.

Adam

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam E. View Post
    I thought I would start stirring up some ideas will I'm thinking about it. I am still weeks away from finishing my Waveraider 700, but after that I have an 1100 that needs my attention. The engine threw a rod (I already have a replacement case) so I will need new pistons and have the cylinders bored.

Ideal Scenario: "PUMP GAS ROCKET". I would like this thing to run on 93 Octane only and achieve the highest possible top end speed without spending a fortune. It might be hard to achieve but I want reliability mixed with power. I'm 18 and a student so money is tight, but I have all winter to fund this so I don't want to get outrageous and I have time to shop around for the deals.

Please if you feel you have some suggestions before I start shopping around for the stuff I'm going to use please share.

Adam

1. Mill head "stock" to give you 150PSI. Many folks can do this from Riva, Groupk, Lowell etc....I would only suggest sending it to somone who has knowledge on 2 stroke engines.

2. Aftermarket F/A and remove the stock restrictive intake set up.

3. Pull intake grate out and take the 2 center bars out and make the plate flush "remove all evidence that there was 2 other bars there".

4. Solas 13/19 prop as long as you mill head and do the F/A's

5. Pro-tec Shortie ride plate

Other then that your going to spend $$ in parts...and as noted on another thread, you will want to jump up to 1200 cylinders, electricals and carbs for more power. You can always go porting but the 63M is not the best for porting from the things I've read and most guys convert over to the 65U set up who want more power.

The other bad news is you need cases and a crank and a top end to fix your eninge. Your likely going to dump a ton of money into a ski that simply aint worth it IMO anymore. For what your going to have in fixing this thing, you can get a decent GP1200 for $2500 or less.

M

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    1. Mill head "stock" to give you 150PSI. Many folks can do this from Riva, Groupk, Lowell etc....I would only suggest sending it to somone who has knowledge on 2 stroke engines.

2. Aftermarket F/A and remove the stock restrictive intake set up.

3. Pull intake grate out and take the 2 center bars out and make the plate flush "remove all evidence that there was 2 other bars there".

4. Solas 13/19 prop as long as you mill head and do the F/A's

5. Pro-tec Shortie ride plate

Other then that your going to spend $$ in parts...and as noted on another thread, you will want to jump up to 1200 cylinders, electricals and carbs for more power. You can always go porting but the 63M is not the best for porting from the things I've read and most guys convert over to the 65U set up who want more power.

The other bad news is you need cases and a crank and a top end to fix your eninge. Your likely going to dump a ton of money into a ski that simply aint worth it IMO anymore. For what your going to have in fixing this thing, you can get a decent GP1200 for $2500 or less.

M
    If I go up to the gp1200 engine, what modifications do I need to make? Do I need to switch out electronics, midshaft, pump etc..? Or is it a clean switch?

Adam

+1
    Cylinders, electrical and carbs.

The hull needs nothing other then a slightly bigger prop because you jump up in stock form from 110hp to 135hp

i have a almost new mag cover and i belive a almost complete 1200 elect box
    pm me if interested
    jason

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vomitspot View Post
    i have a almost new mag cover and i belive a almost complete 1200 elect box
    pm me if interested
    jason
    Thanks for the offer, unfortunately at the time I do not believe I will be able to do the GP1200 engine conversion. Thanks for the Mag/Ebox offer.

Adam

+1
    What's your age group adam? You need a Blaster 1 !

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    What's your age group adam? You need a Blaster 1 !
    Yeah at age 18 I guess I'm an old man on all these couches! I would love to trade for a blaster, you got one that you'd trade straight up?

+1
    NOPE

+1
    But...you can pick them up cheap right now! best ski I've ever owned....PERIOD

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information