50lb or Riva Pro series 50lb injector

hi,

anybody know what a difference between 50lb injector

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=357

and

riva sd pro injectors

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=368

+1
    there is no difference, its just a standard rochester injector. riva just like to make up prices. cost on those injectors are like 50 bucks each. i used to run them in my car and just transferred to my ski

+1
    +1. The ones from Jerry will work just as good as Riva's!

+1
    Jerry actually found out where Riva was buying them from and setup a great deal for us so like said they are the same!

+1
    +1 for Jerry.

Rivas pricing is way too steep for those injectors.

+1
    what is an alternate brand for that size?

Quote Originally Posted by oklagp1200r View Post
    Jerry actually found out where Riva was buying them from and setup a great deal for us so like said they are the same!
    Jerry won some beer !!!!

+1
    Had another set of these injectors take a dump this weekend. If you plan on running over 65 lbs of fuel pressure these may not be the ones for you. I have seen some work well over 70lbs pressure and others totaly lock over 65lbs.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Had another set of these injectors take a dump this weekend. If you plan on running over 65 lbs of fuel pressure these may not be the ones for you. I have seen some work well over 70lbs pressure and others totaly lock over 65lbs.
    yea they totally dont work over like 60 psi fuel pressure and they also have a horrible spray pattern. the new bosch (Integrated Engineering) injectors are the best ones to use. only thing is you need to use a spacer in the fuel rail and you have to change injectors clips

Actually, they are different on the nozzle.

The SD ones have a 6 nozzle spray pattern, which will give better atomisation, the others I have seen are single nozzle.

Sometimes the little extra atomization could/can help. Look at the modern "Eco" cars injectors, and they are all going that way. Better atomization is better air/fuel mix, which is more efficient burning, which is better power in one way.

I have a set of the SD ones right here, and a set of "Normal" injectors to compare.

Have a look at the nozzle. My guess is the pintle is probably identicle all the same.

Other thing to remember is the design spec on most injectors is between around 38 - 72 psi, and most work efficiently at 43-45psi.
    The pintle valve assembly has problems closing at high psi.

There is only so much injector control current you can push through the injector by standard. This being a standard set-up by manufacturers for the design of the rest of the firing circuitry.

Now remember the solenoid inside has to push against a spring of a set strength... too strong and it will start to overload the firing circuits. Therefore there is a design limitation. Need more fuel, then go a notch higher, or alter the firing pulse to the injector to slightly longer. This is why there is(or one of) a regulator in the fuel loop.

Push them too hard, and they will be unable to meter the fuel precisely, and often start to 'dribble' fuel in between opening pulses. The one we often play with, or do on RRFPR's is the quantity of fuel we force through at 100% duty cycle, but you will notice that the low and mid range seems to be richer. This is a good indication that the pulse or the injector need changing. If all this fails, then this is why a upgraded/use specific ECU comes into play. Altering the pressure too high artificially richens the metering by sheer volume at the nozzle.

Standard running engines do benefit by increasing the fueling, but this will only go so far before the wall is hit, and you have to consider another way to extract that extra torque.
    Last edited by Richieb; 12-07-2009 at 05:49 PM. Reason: more info.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information