GP1200R ... couple questions

First post here, great source of info BTW. Purchased a used 2000 GP1200R.. it had a few mods done to it, PPK, ProTec ride plate, R&D heads I think thats about it. Over the weekend I did the JetWorks and installed the D-plate.. took it out today, after about an hour of pulling kids on kneeboards and the tube. let it cool down, then went for a WOT run, fastest I could get it was 58 mph, going both directions. The previous best was 62 mph.. These are factory speedo numbers (I know I know), but, it definetely was down power from last time out, way down power. The holeshot was substantially better, but the top end was just not there. Any ideas ? The waverunner has approx 62 hours, and the last compression test had all three cylinders with 3 pounds of each other. Oh yeah it has a solas concorde prop 13/19 I believe are the numbers. Thanks, mike

Minden, Nevada, United States
    You need to get some solid GPS #'s and get an aftermarket tack to see were you are at.

Texas City, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Fstocker
    The holeshot was substantially better, but the top end was just not there. Any ideas ? Thanks, mike

The JW mod must have a 3/8 line going from the JW valve outlet into the stinger. If you have a 1/4 line, you will not get enough water to create enough back pressure in the pipe...... you will loose about 150-200 rpms on the top.

The results would be a significantly improved hole shot but a substantial loss in top end.

Thread Information