+1

FZR vx 110 hull similarities.

I was in the shop pulling an intake grate off a vx110 . When looking at the two hulls you can tell the fzr topdeck may be from an fx but the hull is definately based on the vx110. This makes alot of sense after speaking with some different testers who rode supercharged fx ho powered vx110's that were made for yamaha testing. Anyway just an interesting observation. After looking at design and similarities I believe a vx110/sho conversion would be very interesting. I was thinking about doing it but was talked out of it by bruce from riva who had built a supercharged fx engine in a vx hull. He said they werent too pleased with the performance but it only made 210 hp which is the same as the stock fzr and it ran about 70.Now with the potential of the sho motor I think this may be a good c/c conversion with a lighter hull. Similar to what the seadoo guys are doing with the gti conversions.

+1
    Hey I'm interested in this. I have a VX but I'm pissed because it goes so slow. Been thinking about selling it and getting an FZS, but if a conversion can be done with the VX, that'll be awesome. It would be the ultimate sleeper. Get some more info on this

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HAZE View Post
    Hey I'm interested in this. I have a VX but I'm pissed because it goes so slow. Been thinking about selling it and getting an FZS, but if a conversion can be done with the VX, that'll be awesome. It would be the ultimate sleeper. Get some more info on this

I did some more research today. THe hull is nearly identical. The fz hull does have an additional strake on the keel. THe rideplate is different. I am going to find out about the pump setup. I believe this will be a simple conversion.

+1
    Any updates on this project...

the vx110 with the measily detuned mr-1 engine has an ho pump in it already. but with a different driveshaft setup. it is more like a seadoo driveshaft setup. the prop has splines in it like a seadoo and there is a shaft in the pump that the prop threads on to. so when you pull the pump drieshaft stays in the boat.

one thing about the vx's is the through hull piece that is metal and bonded to the smc hull always leaks. so does the sort of mid bearing the vx110's have.

the transom plate is similar to the sho as the transom plate and 2" spacer are all cast as one piece. the wear ring is standard yamaha found on almost every 1200 2 stroke or most any 4 stroke. the stator section is same part number as 05+ ho pump including sho according to online microfiche, vx110 has a composite plastic exit nozzle, no trim, and some have reverse.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Ya...201/parts.html

to me the stock vx110 rides really bad, but never have rode one with hull mods such as intake grate or ride plate.

Thread Information