Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Texas fans?

  1. #1

    Texas fans?

    How about that finish last night


  2. #2
    Never say never KirkF350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Midlothian, Texas
    Posts
    4,433
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by lakegastonrxp View Post
    How about that finish last night
    Unbelievable. They almost gave me a stroke. I liked to have s*** when I thought they ran the clock out on the last play.
    1 second left. You know their kicker was greatly "rewarded" after the game.

  3. #3
    yeah, great game even though it was kind of boring being defensive. Great finish though BAMA bound.

  4. #4
    Moderator RX951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    League City, Texas
    Posts
    16,066
    +1
    23

    Thumbs up TEXAS


  5. #5
    haha nice logo. I wonder how tebow is feeling right about now?

  6. #6
    Beagleman62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    2,726
    +1
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by lakegastonrxp View Post
    haha nice logo. I wonder how tebow is feeling right about now?
    Tebow is feeling about the same as McCoy will feel after Bama's D gets through with him. Texas got lucky with a kickoff out of bounds and a horsecoller penalty. Those 2 things put them in the NC game, not the great play of their offense.

  7. #7
    State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wellington, Florida
    Posts
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    Tebow is feeling about the same as McCoy will feel after Bama's D gets through with him. Texas got lucky with a kickoff out of bounds and a horsecoller penalty. Those 2 things put them in the NC game, not the great play of their offense.
    ...LOL - my son and I have this discussion all the time....about how you can't judge a game by "one or two plays or mistakes - there are a hundred other plays that either went right or wrong that won or lost the game..."

    But in THIS case - I would have to agree.

    And even if they won because of those TWO plays - they are clearly still the next best team to play BAMA. I am SO FREAKIN' glad they didn't try to put Florida in the game as a "lets just make sure they really should have lost" consolation like they did a few years back - I believe it was Florida/Florida State.

  8. #8
    oklagp1200r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Newcastle, Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,888
    +1
    499
    Iam not a Texas fan iam a big 12 fan with that said iam glad Texas is there in the NC game! I think there were some uncalled calls against Texas that might have swung the game the other way but hey that's just football. A win is a win in my book no matter how pretty it looked or not! The best bowl game IMO will be TCU & Boise State anyway! Go TCU & Texas!

  9. #9
    Beagleman62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    2,726
    +1
    64
    It should be a great matchup in the NC game.
    Despite how Texas played against Nebraska,
    I have no doubt they will be ready for the Tide come Jan 7.
    I will say this. Colt and the Texas offense had better step it up a few notches if they expect to hang with Alabama.
    18 yds rushing against Nebraska.
    McCoy sacked 9 times.
    3 interceptions.
    The defense did play great but it was against Nebraska.
    Not exactly an offensive powerhouse.
    If the Texas offense doesn't step up, the Tide's defense will eat Colt McCoy for lunch.
    Texas has not faced a team this year that even remotely comes close to the Tide's running game. I know Texas has a killer D line but they need to bring their "A" game if they wan't to stop the Tide on the ground.
    Texas better come to play because the Tide will be ready.

  10. #10
    Poppa Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Alice. Texas
    Posts
    1,015
    +1
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    It should be a great matchup in the NC game.
    Despite how Texas played against Nebraska,
    I have no doubt they will be ready for the Tide come Jan 7.
    I will say this. Colt and the Texas offense had better step it up a few notches if they expect to hang with Alabama.
    18 yds rushing against Nebraska.
    McCoy sacked 9 times.
    3 interceptions.
    The defense did play great but it was against Nebraska.
    Not exactly an offensive powerhouse.
    If the Texas offense doesn't step up, the Tide's defense will eat Colt McCoy for lunch.
    Texas has not faced a team this year that even remotely comes close to the Tide's running game. I know Texas has a killer D line but they need to bring their "A" game if they wan't to stop the Tide on the ground.
    Texas better come to play because the Tide will be ready.
    You are exactly right. Saban just needs to look at the game film to figure out how to defense Texas' offense. Texas needs a power running game also to keep other teams honest. They have a big back but they seem to only use him around the goal line. If nothing else, keep someone in the backfield to help block. Hell, Nebraska hardly even blitzed because they were able to bring so much pressure with their D-line. If Texas is able to get their offense going early, they will be hard to deal with. Bama should be favored.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. YOU Stock air boxs guys. That installed the fan? Questions
    By Water4fire in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 10:57 AM
  2. rxp dealerships in texas
    By wakeborder556 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-03-2005, 08:04 PM
  3. Anybody an Audi fan?
    By rx4pain in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-13-2005, 10:49 PM
  4. 2 blower fans
    By Yuji in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-08-2005, 11:10 PM
  5. New AWA Club in South Texas
    By SuzanGPR in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2005, 09:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •