Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar

broken pump shoe

been upping the power on my ski ..installed an 08 + riva ride plate..ground out the pump shoe.. to do so ...unfortunately .. i took it out for a est run today to see if i had enough prop....and at about 16 sih rolled in it and got a shudder...let out and was able to idle back to the dock...got it back to the shop and foung about a golf ballsize chunk had broken out of the pump shoe..right where the center bolt of the grate goes...

???? is there a fix ...what do i need to do ..really dont want to do that job if avoidable

+1
    I fixed mine with a product called plasti bond. has been holding up for over a year. Here is the web site http://www.plast-aid.com/ I bought two of the 6 oz kit one other person used it as well. do a search I explained how I fixed it.

+1
    I feel your pain, I had the same thing happen. I have a rxpx shoe to put in as soon as it gets too cold to ride. You just have to get a new shoe, the ski will cavitate out of the hole with a broken shoe and I think top speed will suffer.... I wouldnt want a repair to come apart at 80+, could have a very bad end result.

+1
    If you can afford to replace it do it. Pluse you can get the alignment bag on and maybe even gain some more speed

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    been upping the power on my ski ..installed an 08 + riva ride plate..ground out the pump shoe.. to do so ...unfortunately .. i took it out for a est run today to see if i had enough prop....and at about 16 sih rolled in it and got a shudder...let out and was able to idle back to the dock...got it back to the shop and foung about a golf ballsize chunk had broken out of the pump shoe..right where the center bolt of the grate goes...

???? is there a fix ...what do i need to do ..really dont want to do that job if avoidable
    That sucks but its not that bad. I would replace it. Did you use too long of a bolt on the grate? Did you modify your grate or the plate so that the grate would sit flush and still protect the leading edge of the shoe?

i think a long bolt on the grate may have had something to do with it...not sure ..did replace it and there is a little mark ..it is to my understanding..it just takes the water getting under it......

how does the pump shoe reinforcement work...if it doesnt bolt to the shoe..to hold it down..wondering if i can buy one bolt it in and trim the shoe..so it sets..weld a piece of aluminum to the reiforcement and file it to sit flush..

just been working like mad..on it ...a little burnt out..really dont want to do it...it looks like i will need to pull the whole rear half of the ski apart again..intercooler exhaust vts ride plate..i just installed all that crap.........took me 3 weeks of the little time i have left over at the end of the day to get it all done bright side i am familiar with what i need to do ...

anyone got a pic of how this installs

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=644

+1
    I fixed an 05 with plastic aid and spreakfreaks shoe protector - worked perfectly. Still in when I installed an open loop kit and ride plate. 80+ ski.

+1
    Yes most folks think I was crazy to fix the pump shoe the way I did but hey it worked. And worked good. Brenon I can loan you the small belt sander I used to shape the pump shoe repair if you need it. We live sorta close.

thanks ithink we accually met a couple of years ago ..in tampa when barry and stickem and the big tadoo over turbo vs supercharger...

tools i am not in short supply of...i accually own a race car fabrication businedd..so i do have alot of cool tools to play with ...but i really appreciate the offer...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information