Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My 2000 slx 1200 project

I was told I should start a thread in the project section so here it goes.
    First off I would like to thank all of you for your help and support. I love this web site. I learned a great deal from greenhulk and its turning into a Polaris junkie but there is still so much I donít know so all help is welcome and much appreciated. My first thread I started on this build is on here so I will be going off of it.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=104404
    I am still very new to jet skis so remember that when you post something to give as much detail as you can to help me out. Thank you again
    I am figuring out that this project I want to do is going to take longer then I have planned so unfortunately it will most likely be put off till next winter. For now I will get the ski back in the water and running. While I figure out what I need for my build and gather parts together.
    Before the summer I need to find a seat, mfd and a temp sensor to get it back in the water. If you know where I can find any of these parts it would be a great help
    Right not I am looking at some 44 riflebore carbs for my ski would thses be a good choice?
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=112875
    Right now the ski is in a little rough shape so pics will be coming soon and I will keep more coming as I get things done.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    First, I think you need to have an objective.

Are you looking to gain speed, acceleration, or handling?

Do you NORMALLY ride in rough or flat water?

What's your budget going to be?

Are you doing the work yourself?

Answer these few questions, and I think you'll get some good information.

The stock carbs will work fine. If you buy Rflebore 44's you'll need a new intake manifold to make them work. Those intakes are hard to come by, and REAL expensive to buy. UNLESS SOMEONE STARTS CASTING UP SOME NEW ONES!!!! (hint hint Randy, Jay, Beerdart, CrazyA, or FLjoyrider)

+1
    Much of this pertains to your ski.

http://groupk.com/p1050.htm

It shows what can be done, what SHOULD be done, and what the costs will be.

Should give you a better idea of what you really want/afford to achieve.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Stock carbs will work good for most applications. The 1200 triple pipe matrix runs basic stock carbs with different jetting.Thoes are a good price. Intakes have went as high as 150.00 each.Money that could be well spent in other places(Triple pipes?)

First off thanks for the help now to answer the questions. I am going to do this build myself I donít know anyone else who even owns a jet ski so I am all alone except for the help I get from you guys. I have never worked on a jet ski before but I have some mechanical knowledge.
    More top speed would be great but I have read a lot on these skis on this form and I know thatís not what theyíre designed to do. Their more for acceleration and just playing around and thatís why I bought it. I would love more acceleration but I really donít want to decrees the top speed that I have (like I said I would like to increase it if possible). I also understand that skis werenít meant for rough water I rode mine in a bit of everything and I love how it rides I donít mind getting thrown around a bit when the water gets rough. I wanted to first fix and true my hull then I was going to go after my motor and get the power out of it that I could. Then next with the help from all my friends at greenhulk I want to go through the drive system which I know nothing about.
    For the motor I am going off a list 32DegH20(thank you for the help) gave me. I want to send my motor to sharps to get it ported and bored to 85mm. Then I want to get some v force 3 reeds for it, a jet control flow valve, high compression heads, a programmed cdi. I would love bigger carbs but I donít know what to look for ( I will need lots of help tuning). I would really love some triple pipes, but I believe there out of my price range. If I found for a deal then they would be all mine. I was told I would have to do some modification to my ski like the gas tank thatís not a problem I can find out how to put a new one in, but TxPro1200 told me that if I got pipes they would have to be tuned (this is the scary part as I know nothing on how to do that). Any other ideas for more things I can do or input on what I am doing I donít mind changing my plans if I am doing something wrong you guys are the experts.

+1
    Any updates? haven't hear anything from ya in a while? New mods?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by stuv133 View Post
    No man or woman is worth your tears, and the one who is ,won't make you cry.The worst way to miss someone is to be sitting right beside them knowing you can't have them.http://www.tnrequinfr.comTn requinTn ChaussuresTn Requin Femmes ChaussuresNike air max tn

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post

Did I miss something?

+1
    Yeah. Some spammer/moron came on to try and advertise shoes.

I've seen this as a problem on another site, but the first time I've seen it in here.

No new updates Iím sorry thanks for asking. I am still working on this project but trying to resurrect my slxh with the wonderful help from virageracer , school which has just started back for me, and my restoration project on my 68 mustang have drained e of all my money for now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information