+1

So how many of you have had to do an oil change on the side of the Road?

Went to my father in laws funeral today! Started at noon got home at 11 pm. My nephew Tmetz bought a new home! Went to check it out for the first time! I will need to go over and lend him a hand this week! For an 18 year old kid. He got a nice place! Left to go home and the oil filter had a leak! Lost almost all 6 quarts in less than a mile. Had the oil burn smell pulled over! Got out the flash light and blam. Oil leak at the filter. Got lucky Tonight from a bad day to almost shitty. Had everything back up and rolling in 30 min in my 3 piece suit. Stripped down to my yellow rain coat! The only people to pull over. Yep 4 popo no help send Tmetz to get some oil. Called a bud that had an oil filter. Done made it home. Sorry for the post just venting on a bad Day. Lee

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Sorry to hear about the father in law,My prayers for the family.

We were headed up north to the cabin on a summer weekend in the suburban,we'll the GF's son had changed the oil that week, But forgot to do one thing.....Tighten the drain plug. 20 miles from nowhere,it fell out,oil smokescreen everywhere. Pulled over to the side, figured the problem,went to a tree and cut a branch,screwed it in,and filled the truck with 2 stroke oil we had with us for the motorcycles, 20 miles later found a parts store,gabbed a drain plug and oil and drained scaling oil out,and refilled with good old 10w40.

Two weeks late on the 4th of july weekend with a millon other cars in 90* temps heading north on I-75 a rod let go and took the block out. I could have killed the kid.

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Lee who changed the oil before?
    I hope it wasnt walmart, dont get me started on all their unexperienced tech, this is what has happened to us cause of my mother bringing the vehicles there,
    Broken dipstick, on a VW, PITA to find a new one,
    Doubled gasket on oil filter, causing a leak.
    and they always leave their grease ass handprints allover,

this is all walmarts, i have friends that had it worse.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post
    Sorry to hear about the father in law,My prayers for the family.

We were headed up north to the cabin on a summer weekend in the suburban,we'll the GF's son had changed the oil that week, But forgot to do one thing.....Tighten the drain plug. 20 miles from nowhere,it fell out,oil smokescreen everywhere. Pulled over to the side, figured the problem,went to a tree and cut a branch,screwed it in,and filled the truck with 2 stroke oil we had with us for the motorcycles, 20 miles later found a parts store,gabbed a drain plug and oil and drained scaling oil out,and refilled with good old 10w40.

Two weeks late on the 4th of july weekend with a millon other cars in 90* temps heading north on I-75 a rod let go and took the block out. I could have killed the kid.
    Is he still alive? Lee Today was another deal!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    Lee who changed the oil before?
    I hope it wasnt walmart, dont get me started on all their unexperienced tech, this is what has happened to us cause of my mother bringing the vehicles there,
    Broken dipstick, on a VW, PITA to find a new one,
    Doubled gasket on oil filter, causing a leak.
    and they always leave their grease ass handprints allover,

this is all walmarts, i have friends that had it worse.
    I was the oil change Jack ass! Me Had two seals after a sober look. Did run 2400 miles before it let loose! Lee

+1
    Todays problem Went to work did two jobs. Got back in the truck turned it over and nothing! Jumped the relay check batt voltage, Hammer to the starter! Nothing The damb starter died after 172 thousand miles. Starter had a good life Starts up like the day I bought it. New starter and back on the road only down for 1 and a half hrs after all. Nice to have close friends! Lee

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    We're divorced now, so don't know if he's still alive.

We were up to the cabin on new years week and go out to the diesal to start it and nothing, 13.4 volts at the starter when trying to crank. Now mind you it's 18 miles into town,there's 2' of snow on the ground,wind is howling at 25 mph,and it's a crisp 7 degrees out(The snow squeeks when you walk on it.

So I crawl under and remove the SOB. We jump on the snowmobiles and head to town,Even riding when it's that cold sucks.

We get to the auto parts and they say 240.00 and will take 3 days to get it. So I ask for them to test it. It spins fine. So back we go,put the starter in and here 8 years later it's still going strong. Still don't know what happen to it,maybe a brush hung up or I've never hit the bad spot again on the armature. I guess all the bouncing under the hood of the ski took care of the problem.

Thread Information