Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

A couple of questions.

I will be purchasing the Motec within the next few days and have a few questions. 1) I will be running a 16 psi wheel. Can I run it on the 1st fuel map option (economy) or would it be running to lean for the engine? What is the best fuel map to run it on if I am a recreational rider that likes to go fast with the 16 psi wheel. 2) Do I have to do any adjustments to the rev limiter or is it already adjusted once I plug it in?

Thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tsho View Post
    I will be purchasing the Motec within the next few days and have a few questions. 1) I will be running a 16 psi wheel. Can I run it on the 1st fuel map option (economy) or would it be running to lean for the engine? What is the best fuel map to run it on if I am a recreational rider that likes to go fast with the 16 psi wheel. 2) Do I have to do any adjustments to the rev limiter or is it already adjusted once I plug it in?

Thanks.
    Hi tsho
    First of all congratulations on your purchase

The most important thing to do is get the correct MAP in there to start with.
    A well suited map should be more economical than the factory ECU as well as have the safe richer mixture for the performace of the 16 psi wheel.
    Ideally you should get the engine tuned using a lambda sensor and know that it is perfect everywhere.
    If you purchase a communication cable you can programm the rpm limit your self.
    the ECU is fully programmable and this same M400 model is used by proffesional motorsport teams around the globe, you would be amazed at the features that it has inside.

But in the mean time can you answer a couple of questions for me.

Please list all your mods

What fuel will you be using and is that likely to chage for better or worse

Where are you located and who will you purchase from.

looking forward to your reply

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by MoTeC Pete View Post
    Hi tsho
    First of all congratulations on your purchase

The most important thing to do is get the correct MAP in there to start with.
    A well suited map should be more economical than the factory ECU as well as have the safe richer mixture for the performace of the 16 psi wheel.
    Ideally you should get the engine tuned using a lambda sensor and know that it is perfect everywhere.
    If you purchase a communication cable you can programm the rpm limit your self.
    the ECU is fully programmable and this same M400 model is used by proffesional motorsport teams around the globe, you would be amazed at the features that it has inside.

But in the mean time can you answer a couple of questions for me.

Please list all your mods

What fuel will you be using and is that likely to chage for better or worse

Where are you located and who will you purchase from.

looking forward to your reply

Cheers

Thanks Pete for replying.

I live in Miami and will be purchasing it from Riva.

I have a SHO cruiser and right now I am running a 16psi wheel, powershot, Riva Inter Cooler with bov, Riva Fuel Pressure Reg, R&D Anti-Cav Cone, and Riva stage 1. This setup was put together by my mechanic. I am not comfortable with the powershot since they break easy and sometimes take a while to get going. I have decided to go Motec because I want to encounter less problems such as possibly running too lean and to get off the rev limiter.

I am a seven month newbie so my mechanic will be installing the motec and doing the re-pitch. I am trying to learn as much as I can about the Motec so I do not become too dependent on him. As for fuel, I am not sure because I keep my ski at the Rickenbacker Marina in Key Biscayne and they fill it for me at the marina.

What I am looking for is the best fuel economy while at the same time have the ability to get good boost from the 16 wheel when ever I want to go WOT. In other words, consider me a rec rider who every now and then will want to go 80mph when someone pulls up next to me, lol.

I hope this helps.

+1
    Thanks Pete for replying.

I live in Miami and will be purchasing it from Riva.

I have a SHO cruiser and right now I am running a 16psi wheel, powershot, Riva Inter Cooler with bov, Riva Fuel Pressure Reg, R&D Anti-Cav Cone, and Riva stage 1. This setup was put together by my mechanic. I am not comfortable with the powershot since they break easy and sometimes take a while to get going. I have decided to go Motec because I want to encounter less problems such as possibly running too lean and to get off the rev limiter.

I am a seven month newbie so my mechanic will be installing the motec and doing the re-pitch. I am trying to learn as much as I can about the Motec so I do not become too dependent on him. As for fuel, I am not sure because I keep my ski at the Rickenbacker Marina in Key Biscayne and they fill it for me at the marina.

What I am looking for is the best fuel economy while at the same time have the ability to get good boost from the 16 wheel when ever I want to go WOT. In other words, consider me a rec rider who every now and then will want to go 80mph when someone pulls up next to me, lol.

I hope this helps.
    Hi tsho
    Ok got your info thanks.
    The fuel octane rating is very important to getting your set up safe.
    What is your static fuel pressure now?
    Also you speak of a repitch, what were your rpm levels before?
    What are you going to repitch too and from what,
    Can you tell me why you are repitching at all?

Who are you dealing with at Riva, I am sure they will be on top of what you need. Maybe your Riva contact and I could get together and come up with something good for you.
    That is if they are keen to do so.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by MoTeC Pete View Post
    Hi tsho
    Ok got your info thanks.
    The fuel octane rating is very important to getting your set up safe.
    What is your static fuel pressure now?
    Also you speak of a repitch, what were your rpm levels before?
    What are you going to repitch too and from what,
    Can you tell me why you are repitching at all?

Who are you dealing with at Riva, I am sure they will be on top of what you need. Maybe your Riva contact and I could get together and come up with something good for you.
    That is if they are keen to do so.

Cheers

I will try to get the info for you within the next few days. As for the re-pitch, this is what was told to me by my mechanic. The guy at Riva I am going to purchase from is Vinnie who works in the parts dept. Not sure if you know him?

+1
    I have a couple of related questions

Assume using a Motec with the Riva IC and the R&D engine cooling kit

1) If using an E1 SC wheel what is the preferred way to increase the amount of fuel to the motor? a) use a fuel pressure regulator to allow fuel presure to be increased or b) use a larger injector

2) What are the pros and cons of these 2 different choices to increase fuel flow? (it seems both Riva and R&D are promoting FPR when installing larger injectors would appear to be a simpler solution)

3) When using the E1 SC wheel which provides approx. 15 lbs pressure and assume the fuel delivery system has been modified to meet the higher fuel flow required is it possible to have a MAP that will allow you to safely use 87 (usa) octane fuel?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by philip_gpr View Post
    I have a couple of related questions

Assume using a Motec with the Riva IC and the R&D engine cooling kit

1) If using an E1 SC wheel what is the preferred way to increase the amount of fuel to the motor? a) use a fuel pressure regulator to allow fuel presure to be increased or b) use a larger injector

2) What are the pros and cons of these 2 different choices to increase fuel flow? (it seems both Riva and R&D are promoting FPR when installing larger injectors would appear to be a simpler solution)

3) When using the E1 SC wheel which provides approx. 15 lbs pressure and assume the fuel delivery system has been modified to meet the higher fuel flow required is it possible to have a MAP that will allow you to safely use 87 (usa) octane fuel?
    +1
    3 Great questions I'd like to know too.
    Pete?

+1
    ... if this helps, I see 2 potential situations where you might want to use 87 octane. (I realize in the ideal world you wouldn't use 87 octane with an E1.)

1) Often when you go on long rides for a day you could start with 91 or 93 in the tank and then be forced to fill up at a marina that only sells 87. What would a map that would allow you to safely use E1 look like? In this case all you want to be able to do is get the ski safely home at a reasonable cruising speed. (maybe 6,000 rpm)

2) Or what about the person that only has 87 octane available and would always be using 87. Is using something like an E1 a good choice or would they be better off using a smaller SC wheel? If smaller what PSI would you recommend?

+1
    Pete is going to advise you to get out of the SEA-DOO style tuning and stop messing with the Fuel Pressure. Keep it stock and let MoTeC do everything else. In regards to injector size, he is going to tell you to think about what MODS you may want to do now and in the future. Then get the biggest injector based on that.

I learned that from the 2-Day MoTeC training course last October.

+1
    I will try to get the info for you within the next few days. As for the re-pitch, this is what was told to me by my mechanic. The guy at Riva I am going to purchase from is Vinnie who works in the parts dept. Not sure if you know him?
    Hi
    Sorry I only noticed this post today
    Sorry I dont know Vinnie
    Riva have a MoTeC guy there and I am sure he Vinnie would consult him over any issues.

Cheers

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information