Thread: Pro seat

+1

Pro seat

Iv'e seen a few pro 785 seats with the back part of it looking like foam is missing in and it sets low in the back? any ideas what up with that? Mine isn't the only one. Iv'e seen others like that. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    Iv'e seen a few pro 785 seats with the back part of it looking like foam is missing in and it sets low in the back? any ideas what up with that? Mine isn't the only one. Iv'e seen others like that. Thx

I think they used a special foam on the Pro 785. It was designed to not absorb water but unfortunately, it shrinks like crazy. It's the cause of that low spot and why the seat covers always seem to look to big.

Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    Anyone got some good pics of different seats from a profile view? It would be interesting to see how much they differ from one another. And it may give someone some ideas for a custom seat!

+1
    You can still type after a day out in -28F? im im pressed! I'll take a pic of the pro seat so you can see what I mean. Thanks for the info on the seat shrinking Hayabusa. I was wondering why it was like that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	starting motor after putting clean heads and gasketson 001.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	3.17 MB 
ID:	162811   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	starting motor after putting clean heads and gasketson 002.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	3.23 MB 
ID:	162812   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	starting motor after putting clean heads and gasketson 003.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	3.32 MB 
ID:	162813   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	starting motor after putting clean heads and gasketson 004.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	3.27 MB 
ID:	162814   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	starting motor after putting clean heads and gasketson 005.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	3.34 MB 
ID:	162815  

Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bowsniper View Post
    You can still type after a day out in -28F? im im pressed! I'll take a pic of the pro seat so you can see what I mean. Thanks for the info on the seat shrinking Hayabusa. I was wondering why it was like that.
    Good thing I don't work outside! I only have to go outside to get to work and back. I actually put chains on my tires today! First time I have ever had to do that! But I am afraid my transmission is not agreeing with this weather. Car wants to stall whenever I come to a stop unless I put it in neutral, then it runs just fine! I think my torque converter is frozen!!! I may end up with that new SportTrack sooner than I thought! Anyways....

That seat kinda looks deflated. How hard would it be to take the cover off, cut some new foam, and rebuild the seat? Is there a type of foam that is better for this application, or would regular upholstery foam work? I ask because although my cover only has two small tears in it, my foam has also shrunk a bit and I think the tears are in the 'hollow' spot at the rear. I can patch the cover when it is off, but it wont hold up if I don't fix the foam behind it.

+1

that looks almost like a polaris 650 snowmobile seat... but less of a hump. If you have voids in you foam, you can get some raw cotton from a local upholstery shop (if they are a decent shop) and stuff that hump. just make sure to shred it to a uniform consistency. stuff repels water too!

+1
    Thats great to hear! thanks. I do know where a car re-upholstery shop is near my house. they are all ol school guys doing everything from a model A to the latest seats out there. they should have it. I bet they could do a killer seat for me too. But i like the pro seat. Maybe just get the front repaired where it's ripped and have them fix the sag issue in the back too. then it will be "new" again. I can just imagine what they would want to do it. 200.00 i bet. Any estimates from other shops out there on your guys' seats?

Thread Information