Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Biggest SC (or wheel) without RRFPR

I have the mods listed in my sig block, and I am looking to get a little more boost with more or less an install and forget option. I wanted to go with the x-charger, but since I have the XS IC and Riva rear air, I would need a RRFPR, injectors, and monitor my AFR. The x-charger is a great option but I would have to spend more than double the cost of the charger just to run it. So I guess I am looking at the best bang for the buck. If a drop in wheel will work, which one and what injectors? Thanks in advance for the responses!

+1
    you can run the s3 charger and 42lb injectors...if you want just a drop in, then a riva gen2 wheel and 42lb injectors

Thanks for such a fast response. How much improvement in boost over stock will this achieve?

+1
    S3 is only $150 more then the genII wheel. IMO S3 is the way to go in terms of drop in performance. You can also run a riva ecu, 50's and X charger without an rrfpr. But make sure you get a good wideband afr gauge and monitor your afr's when ever you start messing with fueling

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jayohentran View Post
    you can run the s3 charger and 42lb injectors...if you want just a drop in, then a riva gen2 wheel and 42lb injectors
    +1, good setups.

Thing is, you should already be running more like 74 - 75 mph with your mods ... when I ran similar mods to your current setup, I was able to GPS 75 mph easily. The big difference I see is your impeller ... you definitely should be running a Solas 15/20 4 blade. Switching to that impeller might surprise you with how much more top end you could get ... get that, then add either SC as above and 42 lb injectors ... should get you 76 - 77 mph. Altho the bigger SC will only add 1 - 2 mph on top, it also adds acceleration.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    +1, good setups.

Thing is, you should already be running more like 74 - 75 mph with your mods ... when I ran similar mods to your current setup, I was able to GPS 75 mph easily. The big difference I see is your impeller ... you definitely should be running a Solas 15/20 4 blade. Switching to that impeller might surprise you with how much more top end you could get ... get that, then add either SC as above and 42 lb injectors ... should get you 76 - 77 mph. Altho the bigger SC will only add 1 - 2 mph on top, it also adds acceleration.

I am already working on getting a 15/20. I recently bought the reduction nozzle and haven't had a chance to test it. I am all over the limiter with the 14/19. I bent my stock prop so in a hurry to get back out on the water I bought the 14/19. I didn't bother tweaking it cause I knew I was going to need a bigger prop. The s3 and 42's seems to be the way to go!

Do I need to monitor AFR with the s3 or will the stock ecu do fine for adjusting fuel?

+1
    you should be fine but IMO if you can afford to add an afr do it. Im going to be adding a boost and afr to my ski over the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsterme View Post
    you should be fine but IMO if you can afford to add an afr do it. Im going to be adding a boost and afr to my ski over the winter.
    I have looked into it and adding the bung and o2 sensor are cheap and easy, and if I don't go wideband it wouldn't be that pricey. I guess I won't really be at the level to need wideband since I can't actually tune anything, so I may do that.

+1
    you could go with just a good boost gauge and if you see more then 10psi then (stock ecu is good for 10psi) you can deal with the fuel but i dont think you'll see more then 10 out of the S3 with stock ecu. A boost gauge will also show early warnings of a slipping SC clutch

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information