Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2 Stroke Parts

Exclamation 2 Stroke Parts

I have a 2002 XPL with a Coffman Pipe Vtech Reeds ADA Head Scat set back Pump. The engine was bored 1mm over Hotrods Crank. I like to use this Ski for running the Maze of the head waters of the ST Johns river. It can start out in just over ankle deep water. It can run with most of the other boats and can out turn them all Bar none. The problem is the ignition I have to run for the pipe. I got a Deans reprogrammed MPEM it worked well WFO but I cant get the Ski to run less than 45mph without stuttering. (some call it 2 stroking) The timing curve is perfect for more than 1/2 throttle but the TPS is disabled and the bilge pump wont work. This ruins the low speed drivability. The only answer I found is to go with a MicroTouch Ignition. I tried the stock ignition and I squeeked a cylinder running near the rev limit with only 3/4 throttle (cant retard over 7k.)
    The problem I have is "HOT PRODUCTS" Doesnt carry The MT Ign anymore. It is available direct but HP didnt like the wait to make one. I guess the thing is If you need a 2Stroke Performance part you need to go direct because most parts suppliers dont carry stuff anymore.

+1
    Bob, Glen used to have a ton of those around, but that was awhile ago...

I wonder if Dsolie has one

Give Jim a PM he might have one also

TLR

Quote Originally Posted by PEST! View Post
    but I cant get the Ski to run less than 45mph without stuttering. (some call it 2 stroking)
    That sound is actually called "4 stroking", because when it is making that sound, the engine is firing on every other stroke (like a 4 stroke....)

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    is this on a 951 or a 787?

Quote Originally Posted by PEST! View Post
    I have a 2002 XPL
    That'll be a 951 then

Quote Originally Posted by TLR View Post
    Bob, Glen used to have a ton of those around, but that was awhile ago...

I wonder if Dsolie has one

Give Jim a PM he might have one also

TLR
    I already got the parts guy to call Microtouch to order a new one. I hate used Electronics. Never know why something doesnt work or if its supposed to not work. Deens Reprogram killed the bilge pump output. What do you run TLR Iknow your boats are near Bullet proof..

+1
    I use the MT, in fact the same one thats been on the ski since 2002, wish I had time to ride. It's winter here 20* and snow. I need a snowmobile

TLR

You could use the 98 mag cup- single coil ignition, and run a MSD enhancer for a seadoo 800 motor.

Banned User
    If u are going away from the Reprogrammed Mpem then try and find a RXX mpem it has programming for running the double pipe and fuel curve is a little more aggressive. I have been running one on my 1050 setup XPL for 2 years.

I would not run an RXX mpem on a coffman piped ski, you would not gain performance due to the fact that the timing curve is going to be wrong for the coffman. I'm sure it would run, but not nearly as good as it should.
    And unless he is fuel injected, changing to an RXX mpem is not going to alter his "fuel curve".

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information