Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stinger Mod?

+1

Stinger Mod?

I see all this talk of stinger mods on the 150s, however havn't been able to find any pics.
    Does someone have some they could post so I can start modding

Thanks

+1
    It's something that most people don't do themselves. It requires some welding to the stinger.

I had Skiworx do it to mine. I think there is some improvement, but it took perhaps a month to get it all back together, so I forgot exactly how it ran before.

There may be some pics of the mod on the Skiworx website.

This isn't the best picture, but the only one I have right now. Hope it gives you some insight.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1114091324.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	423.9 KB 
ID:	162932  

what does the stinger mod actually do? does it just inject water into the stinger, or do they lengthen the stock stinger?

What id does is dry out your exhaust below 3000 rpm. It give a much better holeshot since its not filling your waterbox full of water while your idling arround.

The mod is done by skiworx, you ship steve your stinger and he mods it and sends it back along with the rest of the parts in the kit.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by btldigger View Post
    What id does is dry out your exhaust below 3000 rpm. It give a much better holeshot since its not filling your waterbox full of water while your idling arround.

The mod is done by skiworx, you ship steve your stinger and he mods it and sends it back along with the rest of the parts in the kit.
    And why can 't someone do it themselves?
    Some of us are on the other side of the world

Are there any other mods exh wise that can be done?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    And why can 't someone do it themselves?
    Some of us are on the other side of the world

Are there any other mods exh wise that can be done?
    You can do it yourself. You have to weld shut some water passages and add a threaded bung in the right place. Skiworx has done hundreds, and they don't charge much for the service. However, in your case, I'm sure Steve would be glad to tell you how to do it yourself.

As far as other exhaust mods, some have modded the water box or installed an aftermarket waterbox. This generally results in obnoxious noise and little performance gain.

You can also get the system extrude-honed, but the intake system is probably more critical.

Finally, you can always install triples.

I guess the question is, what do you want to accomplish and how much money do you have?

Sounds like if it is inexpensive, it is best left to the professionals who know what they are doing and know the secrets.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by formula2fast View Post
    Sounds like if it is inexpensive, it is best left to the professionals who know what they are doing and know the secrets.

I know how to do this mod...we can do it if you like when your pipe is out...

+1
    Paul having owned a gpr and now a stxr with the same motor as the ultra 150 it is not the same. In a way it is more simple but also more critical. Now sure many could do it with the resorces.....but for the cost that steve does it....it comes down to sometimes time is money and the hassle.

And If I didnt know someone with the used one I would of had mine sent out as well but I got one used. And yes it is a must have for the price. I admit tunning a stxr/ultra is a fine line deal. The ultra has alot of hull mods to get it to good speed where the stxr gets stuck about 66 or so.

The price is like $100 for everything ...Heck the valve alone is $50 give or take.

Spanners if you go to my thread in the project section you will see more pics of tons of stuff. More than you need. Jonny5's stxr project in the project section. Morris has alot of good mods for the ultra ...

Like I said there is a line to follow with the ultra or it goes boom pretty easy but not with the exhaust mod. The extrude hone in my opinion is something I would stay away from unless you get to a point where you cant go any further on a single pipe. There are pro's and con's to both.

If you have questions Morris or I will take ya where ya wanna go with your ultra. Or you can Call steve as well @ skiworx

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information